Nearly three months post-op. What to expect??

Thats me just a week short of being three months post-op. The shockloss i had in the recipient area and donor area has been recovering very steadily which i'm relieved about but i haven't seen anything in the way of new re-growth. I was reading that by the third month in most patients the hair will sprout and begin to grow so i'm getting a little concerned.

I've been using minox 5% for the last two months and it helped with recovering the shockloss and i'm also taking finasteride. I was really down for the first eight weeks post-op but i feel a lot better now and it would be great to see some new hairs coming through.

Thats me just a week short of being three months post-op. The shockloss i had in the recipient area and donor area has been recovering very steadily which i'm relieved about but i haven't seen anything in the way of new re-growth. I was reading that by the third month in most patients the hair will sprout and begin to grow so i'm getting a little concerned.

I've been using minox 5% for the last two months and it helped with recovering the shockloss and i'm also taking finasteride. I was really down for the first eight weeks post-op but i feel a lot better now and it would be great to see some new hairs coming through.

Growth in many people starts at 3 months. that doesn't mean you will have anything cosmetically appealing at that point. don't expect to be satisfied with your growth until at least 8-9 months. sometimes earlier, but everyone is different. you are in what's referred to as the "ugly duckling" phase. be patient. you can only truly judge your results after 12 months, and you will continue to see improvement up to 18 months.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the reply hairthere. I keep thinking about the fact the majority of the shed hairs i had were kinked with a black dot at the bottom and if this was a sign that it wasn't taking. I've read other posts with members saying they had the same experience but then they said it was only a few grafts that were like that.