Oral Minoxidil After Hairtransplant

Myles23

Hi All,

there is probably a similar thread but i could find it.

I was thinking of switching from topical finasteride & topical finasteride to oral minoxodil 2.5mg as we are going to start trying for a baby. I had my 2md hair transplant 3 weeks ago and stopped using topical 2 weeks before transplant and advised by surgeon not to commence again until week 4.. My question is....... will  starting on oral minoxidil prolong the shedding phase from the hair transplant? Has anyone switched from topical to oral straight after a hair transplant and did it delay growth? I don't want mess up the current growth cycle of newly transplanted hairs. I understand that they shed naturally and growth starts coming in after 4 months but I don't want to potentially delay the natural process by starting Oral minoxidil for the first time.  

Edited by O-Myles59

• Valued Contributor

You can switch to topical finasteride and oral minoxidil after consulting with your doctor...some people shed and some don't so no one can exactly say that you will shed or you won't...bt yeah oral minoxidil does have better efficacy compared to topical.

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023