Narrowed my selection to MedArt Hair and Hermest Hair. Both in Turkey. Overthinking

Okay. I understand people hate “hair mills” but I know several people who went to hair mills and loved their results. 

Hermest - I had a lovely consultation with a young guy. I asked him how many graphs and he said they cannot determine that number based on pictures alone and they have to see it in person to determine. However, they also charge the same flat rate for everyone no matter what the grafts are. Which is a little odd, so someone who needs 4000 grafts is paying the same as someone who is getting 3000?  I have yet to see any negative reviews on them. The guy told me the Doctor does not do it, but overlooks all of them. He told me they do 6 operations a day. 

Medart -3700 to 4200 grafts, showing my pictures and all. FUE recommended. He told me they see up to 3 patients a day. Sometimes 4.  He told me the doctor who runs the place Dr. Tuna Tantan Williams. Nothing really negative on them either. 

i consulted with NOW but truth is it looks like a commercial transplant, they recruit tik tokers and vloggers, pay for their transplant and have them post about it. 

what have you all heard from them? 

• Valued Contributor
29 minutes ago, Wahad said:

I understand people hate “hair mills” but I know several people who went to hair mills and loved their results. 

Whether they liked their results or not doesn't actually tell us whether the HT looks natural or not. I've seen so many videos on YT of people documenting their journey and who have gotten loads of pluggy, multigraft hairs in their hairline and... they love their results too! The reality is they don't know any differently. They lack any of the basic fundamental understanding of good hair restoration to actually be able to identify what is wrong with their own HT.

The fact of the matter is that the people who you know who have been to such clinics would not have gone there if they knew their stuff. So we can deduce that from their lack of research that their interpretation of their own results will be suitably flawed as well. If that's the basis in which you yourself want to proceed with a HT then you're setting yourself up to fail.

• Administrators

Watch this: 

educate yourself on the type of clinics you’re researching.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.