Am I thinning at the sides?

• Moderators

Do you have your hair pulled back normally like in a pony tail or something? It looks like you have long hair, so I'm wondering if you are wearing it pulled back and maybe it's some traction alopecia going on.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:04 AM, BeHappy said:

Do you have your hair pulled back normally like in a pony tail or something? It looks like you have long hair, so I'm wondering if you are wearing it pulled back and maybe it's some traction alopecia going on.

I don’t pull it back like that, no, so it shouldn’t be traction alopecia. Here are some more photos of my scalp though just to provide more detail.

Left temple

IMG_1578.thumb.jpeg.0fbf1ce914d47544ee3e8a37e84db3f6.jpeg

Right temple

IMG_1581.thumb.jpeg.5c08c6c959a60395ccf20900addbe4b2.jpeg

Right hairline

IMG_1582.thumb.jpeg.9c927e48b0a4830f86be4b6deee4f444.jpeg

Left hairline

IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.e8b4af6a243ca55bef00f761805c542e.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Yes your hair started miniaturization. You should get basic investigation to rule out other causes of hair loss before labelling it as DHT induce miniaturization. For example Vitamin D 3 , Zinc, Iron, thyroid and investigations. If Lab reports are clear the next step would be fin & Min. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan