3 Issues 2 Months After Transplant - Help!

Hi guys.. so I had a transplant 2 months ago. I have concerns about it that hope you guys can help me with advice:

1) My hair just stopped growing. Its like its frozen in time. Its only a half inch short and has been like this for 2 months straight. Before the implant, it used to grow an inch a month. When will my hair finally begin to grow at the normal rate again?

2) I still have issues sleeping on my head. Sometimes I sleep on the side of my head but making sure the pillow doesnt touch the top of the scalp. But when I do, I notice discomfort in the top of my scalp. How is this even possible?

3) As I rest the back of my head on my pillow when sleeping, at times there's discomfort in the donor area. Even throughout the day when awake, I feel sensitivity in that area. What can I do about this?

16 minutes ago, wprevil said:

Hi guys.. so I had a transplant 2 months ago. I have concerns about it that hope you guys can help me with advice:

1) My hair just stopped growing. Its like its frozen in time. Its only a half inch short and has been like this for 2 months straight. Before the implant, it used to grow an inch a month. When will my hair finally begin to grow at the normal rate again?

2) I still have issues sleeping on my head. Sometimes I sleep on the side of my head but making sure the pillow doesnt touch the top of the scalp. But when I do, I notice discomfort in the top of my scalp. How is this even possible?

3) As I rest the back of my head on my pillow when sleeping, at times there's discomfort in the donor area. Even throughout the day when awake, I feel sensitivity in that area. What can I do about this?

Currently your shedding phase is going on at month 2. Once this phase is over you'll see new hairs. 

I think you might be feeling some numbness or discomfort when you're sleeping on head. gradually you'll feel better. I think you should consult with your clinic for this. 

9 minutes ago, Shadman said:

Currently your shedding phase is going on at month 2. Once this phase is over you'll see new hairs.

So how long will this shedding phase on average continue?

6 minutes ago, Shadman said:

It can proceed upto month three.

Ok I see so some time after month 3 I can expect normal growth and normal growth rate. Thats reassuring. Thanks. dude for that!

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, wprevil said:

Ok I see so some time after month 3 I can expect normal growth and normal growth rate. Thats reassuring. Thanks. dude for that!

How are you only just learning this *after* having had a HT

Also I notice you've done a million threads full of pure panic and asking for help, but as far as I can see, haven't paid it forward by creating a thread documenting your journey...?

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:57 PM, Berba11 said:

Also I notice you've done a million threads full of pure panic and asking for help, but as far as I can see, haven't paid it forward by creating a thread documenting your journey...?

Is it mandatory here to create a personal journal? I didn't know someone's pain inconveniences you. I don't know if youve ever had a transplant but for some of us who've had it done the 1st time there'll to be lots of concern on their threads.

How are you only just learning this *after* having had a HT

Why are you trolling? If you dont like how people express their concerns just ignore their threads, simple.

With all due respect, it seems my threads bother you for some strange reason. That being the case, just ignore them from now on and move on.

Edited by wprevil

• Valued Contributor
22 hours ago, wprevil said:

Is it mandatory here to create a personal journal? I didn't know someone's pain inconveniences you. I don't know if youve ever had a transplant but for some of us who've had it done the 1st time there'll to be lost of concerns on their threads.

Why are you trolling? If you dont like how people express their concerns just ignore their threads, simple.

With all due respect, it seems my threads bother you for some strange reason. That being the case, just ignore them from now on and move on.

I never said it was mandatory. It’s not, obviously. But it is generally speaking in the spirit of the forum to “pay it forward”. You’ve been to Couto, one of the top surgeons and there would be enormous interest in your case I’m sure. You would be helping others in the same way you’ve been requesting help. 

I’m not trolling and never have. I’ve not interested in trolling (and I’m not “bothered” by your threads). I’ve had two HT’s myself, however I am confused as to how you can be this far post-op and not actually know the process or some of the basics and reading your thread history, there are questions around your mental fitness for surgery (as has been pointed out to you before). Nevertheless, you’ve done it now - great! - but I’m also not sure why these questions aren’t being directed towards your actual surgeon. You’ve presumably paid a pretty hefty price for Couto’s services, and no one here is better able to assist you than him (certainly with no details or pictures of your surgery to go by). 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, Berba11 said:

I am confused as to how you can be this far post-op and not actually know the process or some of the basics and reading your thread history, there are questions around your mental fitness for surgery (as has been pointed out to you before). Nevertheless, you’ve done it now - great! - but I’m also not sure why these questions aren’t being directed towards your actual surgeon. You’ve presumably paid a pretty hefty price for Couto’s services, and no one here is better able to assist you than him (certainly with no details or pictures of your surgery to go by). 

Once again, as mentioned before, I'm new to the world of transplants so there will be many questions that apparently you aren't intellectually able to answer. Instead of helping, you troll and insult. You claim to have had 2 hts and still don't understand why this forum exists for those needing answers from patients' experiences. If you still don't understand why ht patients ask questions here, you should seek another forum as something about it bothers you; otherwise you're violating forum rules.

Edited by wprevil