Graft count recommendations

27 year old diffuse thinner. Been on medication for 3 years now with some regrowth but not happy with end results and want a transplant now that it’s stabilized. Contacted Fuecapilar and received 2 different graft quotes from each doctor 

1. 3000-3500

2. 3500-4000

I’m leaning towards 3000-3500 as I think that will be enough to fill in density and preserve my donor enough for future surgeries but curious what others think.

the area they would be targeting is just the frontal and mid scalp

70944a98-60f2-49fe-ad15-e6923000e217.jpeg

IMG_1751.png

IMG_1750.png

Can you post some pictures of your donor area too? Its hard to make a recommendation without seeing the donor area. In your case and at this age i would do the hairline and midscalp with 3000 grafts and plan a surgery for the crown many years later down the road.

• Valued Contributor

At the end of the day these are just estimates, and most estimates will be plus or minus 500 or so grafts in many cases. You're a diffuse thinner so estimating is a little harder.

What I would hope the clinic do is to adjust their estimate in real time once they've seen you in person/once the surgery begins. You seem to have quite a lot of hair on top so the amount of space in between your native hair will be minimal in some places, easier in others and simply non-existent in others parts of the scalp. Personally I'd approach this in a "less is more" fashion.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I would agree with @Berba11 on this..there would be plus-minus in graft count once you go for in person consultation...be a bit conservative as you would need a surgery or two in future...

Both of the doctors you consulted are good and you can consult few more doctors and see what is their opinion and thn take your decision.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023