finasteride affects on skin?

lucalus

Hi all,

I have been on finateride for about 5 months now, not really noticing that much in the way of growth, but i do have fairly long hair, so it probably is hard to notice.

Anyway, i was wondering, has anyone here had any problems with finasteride affecting there skin, I keep getting rashes, my face is rather blochy recently and i keep getting little red spots on my face (not so much around the hairline). My skin has been really great for about 2 years now, so this is kind of frustrating, as i have to worry about it how as well as my hair. I take approx 1.25mg per day.

To be honest im not sure if it is the drug, but i have no idea what else it could be, its only started happening about 4 months in, but like i said my skin was always great before. Has anyone heard of finasteride doing stuff like this before? Also any ideas on what i could do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

luke

Hi all,

I have been on finateride for about 5 months now, not really noticing that much in the way of growth, but i do have fairly long hair, so it probably is hard to notice.

Anyway, i was wondering, has anyone here had any problems with finasteride affecting there skin, I keep getting rashes, my face is rather blochy recently and i keep getting little red spots on my face (not so much around the hairline). My skin has been really great for about 2 years now, so this is kind of frustrating, as i have to worry about it how as well as my hair. I take approx 1.25mg per day.

To be honest im not sure if it is the drug, but i have no idea what else it could be, its only started happening about 4 months in, but like i said my skin was always great before. Has anyone heard of finasteride doing stuff like this before? Also any ideas on what i could do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

luke

lucalus,

Skin irritation and rashes are a possible but rare side effect of Propecia.

Some of the noted side effects from Propecia's website are: sexual side effects such as less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, decrease in the amount of semen. These sexual side effects are stated to happen less than 2% of the time and are said to go away as a result of stopping Propecia because of them. Some side effects have stopped for even those who remained on the medication despite side effects.

Additional sides have been noted such as allergic reactions including itching, swelling of the face and/or lips, rash, hives, breast tenderness/enlargement, nipple discharge, problems ejaculating and testicular pain. There is no percentage associated with those who have experienced these side effects.

You may want to consider stopping the medication for a week to see if the rashes go away. That way you'll know for sure if finasteride is causing it.

Best wishes,

Bill