Seeking Oral minoxidil in the UK…

Hi lads. My surgeon thinks I should start oral minoxidil after my op. I’d appreciate some recommendations on where to get it from.., Oxford pharmacy has it but it’s pretty expensive. Where else is reliable? 

cheers. 

12 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

What brand is it? I buy Loniten 10mg (I break the tablet in half). It’s actually quite cheap at $30 for one hundred tablets. 

The lonitin is £50 for 60 2.5mg tablets. 
they can’t supply the 10mg, which is what I’d like to do. I mean, I’ll pay that if I have to, but just wondered if there was anywhere else! 

49 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

What brand is it? I buy Loniten 10mg (I break the tablet in half). It’s actually quite cheap at $30 for one hundred tablets. 

Where are you buying for that price? Chemist Warehouse is selling for 50% more

I get mine from Oxford Online Pharmacy - they have tons of discount codes there's usually always a 20% off discount code kicking about. They only sell 2.5mg but if you buy multiple boxes it gets cheaper, eg 3 boxes instead of 1 works out cheaper.

You can also buy 5mg Loniten from pilldoctor which you can then half - I have done that a few times when the 2.5mg Loniten at Oxford is out of stock.

Alternatively, you can ask Dr Bruno Pinto for a prescription in your name, signed by him. You can take this to any pharmacy in the UK and they can sell you the medicine for much cheaper.

I saw in one of @Rolandas videos that he uses 10mg Loniten tablets which he then quarters... not sure where he gets/got those from as he's also based in the UK. I don't think he's active on this forum anymore but it would be good to hear from him if he sees this. 10mg you can probably only obtain via prescription so you would need a doctor to prescribe them for you.

Edited by Ccd99
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Wow. I paid $30 only a month or so ago when the supply of Loniten by Pfizer started again after shutting down for almost a year.

the cost of living having hair in Oz certainly increasing :(