USA Hair Transplant Surgeons - Receding hairline and balding crown

Hello all,

This is my first post and I am very fortunate to come across this site and group. I finally believe I am ready for a hair transplant. I live in the US and I am considering many surgeons based on my research. From reviews and results I see Dr. Nadimi has excellent work and I am very interested in going to her however I was quoted for $10 a graft. From email communication, she suggested that I may need 1500 grafts in the hairline and 1500 grafts in the crown which would run me $30,000 for FUE. I would not mind moving forward if great results would be guaranteed. 30k is a large sum and I would not be comfortable paying that for subpar results.

I have also found Dr. Bhumik Shah had worked with Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadimi in Chicago and he is currently running his own clinic in New Jersey and priced at $4 a graft which is less than half the price of Dr. Nadimi. 

I have been on topical finasteride and minoxidil for about 15 months now.

This would be my first and last transplant for a long time I would hope and I am very nervous as I'm sure many of you have been.

I would appreciate any words of advice regarding this matter. Photos attached. 

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

Edited by mediteranneanguy

• mediteranneanguy changed the title to USA Hair Transplant Surgeons - Receding hairline and balding crown
  • Valued Contributor

Hi @mediteranneanguy

Judging from the images, your donor area appears to have an average density, there's some patchiness, likely influenced by harsh lighting and a fade cut.

Imo you should adopt a conservative approach, concentrating on refining the hairline without lowering it excessively. Additionally, consider adding moderate density to the crown to preserve grafts for potential future hair loss.

While Dr. Nadimi is a reputable choice, if your budget allows around 30k USD, Dr. Munib Ahmad is noteworthy for consistently achieving excellent results while using fewer grafts. For more budget-friendly options, alternatives such as HDC, Dr. Laorwong, and others are worth exploring.

I hope this helps you.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

thanks for the reply A_4_Archan. I would realllllly hate to spend 30k on a hair transplant but I also cannot risk a poor result. I figure 30k with a good result is better than 15k with a bad result however I am interested in finding better surgeons for a lower price point.

• 2 months later...

I am not sure you would waste 30K USD (if I'm not getting it wrong) for a HT when you have excellent doctors in Europe for ex. for much less money... If I were you I would refrain from anything significant other than perhaps about 2000 grafts for your crown, since everything else seems fine for now.