What would you rate this ~3700 graft FUE transplant (originally diffused thinning, receding hairline, and thin hair)?

Below is a side-by-side comparison of my hair before and after my HT1/HT2 (~3700 grafts combined) with a couple more photos of my pre-transplant hair from different angles (unfortunately lost my phone with a lot of the progress pics between HT1 and HT2). I've already gotten a 3rd HT so feel free to be brutally honest and will probably start a topic tracking my journey, but just trying to gauge what others think of the results of HT1/2. I had diffused thinning for years and hairline was also receding a bit by the time I did HT 1.  Not going to name the doctor to avoid biases in people's ratings/evaluations. Thanks

Left side pre-HT1; Ride side post HT-2:

sidebyside.thumb.png.e331a04d7e8f991485a47785f697c278.png

Pre HT 1:

IMG-1084.thumb.jpeg.dbf87b8856013e754cb682f464e3e8ef.jpeg

IMG-1083.thumb.jpeg.9ff8261b6d3caf851d7cfd123112648d.jpeg

Edited by mehereyouthere

• mehereyouthere changed the title to What would you rate this ~3700 graft FUE transplant (originally diffused thinning, receding hairline, and thin hair)?

How many grafts were used? If this was with 3000 grafts it looks nice, if this was with 4000-5000 grafts then this is definitely missing density and some grafts didnt take.

17 hours ago, jjalay said:

How many grafts were used? If this was with 3000 grafts it looks nice, if this was with 4000-5000 grafts then this is definitely missing density and some grafts didnt take.

3700 grafts. Think some grafts didn't take after 1st one so you're pretty spot on. I'm really happy overall with the results so far bc my main concern was making it look natural and like I didn't get a transplant (which is ironic because I openly discuss my HTs with even strangers irl). But excited for the hopeful density this third HT will bring 🤞 

Edited by mehereyouthere

Taking your pre-op hair into consideration, HT 1 and 2 definitely helped boost your frontal third to a very nice place...but, if I were in your shoes, I would not be satisfied with the results. There's a sparseness to it that I don't feel is acceptable. Hopefully your 3rd HT will get you across the finish line!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balding Bad said:

Taking your pre-op hair into consideration, HT 1 and 2 definitely helped boost your frontal third to a very nice place...but, if I were in your shoes, I would not be satisfied with the results. There's a sparseness to it that I don't feel is acceptable. Hopefully your 3rd HT will get you across the finish line!

Thanks! Yeah I agree the density is lacking but I really like the way the hairline is turning out and that was my main concern going in (plus I use fibers everyday so the lack of density I can deal with, although like I mentioned in the other topic, the goal is to get to a point where fiber isn't needed). I have also found out by scrolling through this forum the last couple days that aside from the HTs that everyone universally agrees are amazing, I have different views than a lot people on here as to what constitutes a natural hairline as well as grading final results.  But yeah I agree density is an issue and hoping it'll be fixed when HT3 results are in

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mehereyouthere said:

Thanks! Yeah I agree the density is lacking but I really like the way the hairline is turning out and that was my main concern going in (plus I use fibers everyday so the lack of density I can deal with, although like I mentioned in the other topic, the goal is to get to a point where fiber isn't needed). I have also found out by scrolling through this forum the last couple days that aside from the HTs that everyone universally agrees are amazing, I have different views than a lot people on here as to what constitutes a natural hairline as well as grading final results.  But yeah I agree density is an issue and hoping it'll be fixed when HT3 results are in

You and me both. Hopefully we can both attain the density we are truly satisfied with!

• Like 1