2500 Grafts HT Resul Yaman July 2023, not enough grafts

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I had done a HT in Istanbul for 2500 grafts targeting my hairline and midscalp. I noticed I had diffuse thinning when my head was shaved in Istanbul and really didn’t know I had it cause I’m not shedding a lot. Anyways, I originally went to improve my hairline and make it straighter. I told the doc that I wanted density in the midscalp as well. The issue is I only got 500 grafts in the midscalp and the remaining 2000 in the hairline area. They claimed my midscalp area is still “strong” and there are hairs still in that area just not as dense. I guess that is why they didn’t transplant 1500 grafts in the midscalp itself instead.  

Anyways I’m 28 years old and my balding has not stabilized but I’m unable to take finasteride due to the side effects I experienced. Currently just on minoxidil and microneedling. The problem now is though I’m 5 months out and am still experiencing shock loss in my midscalp area as my native hairs aren’t there compared to what I used to have. That’s why I’m a little more frustrated about the situation because if I got more grafts there than it would offset the shock loss but I don’t think that was a concern as he claims he can safely implant next to native hairs. Well now a good amount of my hair isn’t there right now but hoping for the best. What do you all think, was it smarter for me to wait and get the second hair transplant later on? Or should I have just gotten like 1000 more grafts in the midscalp. Btw I have a good donor area. 

IMG_0595.png

IMG_0594.png

IMG_0516.png

IMG_0593.png

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0957.jpeg

IMG_0538.thumb.jpeg.a9e16c47fed1fc7286d2531ba6bbb6af.jpeg

IMG_0953.jpeg

Edited by mojones

• Administrators

The midscalp looks fine to me, but hairline is still a bit sparse. I would give it a few more months. There’s still plenty of time for more growth.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

The midscalp looks fine to me, but hairline is still a bit sparse. I would give it a few more months. There’s still plenty of time for more growth.

I upload a couple more pics that may show it more, but I’ll just wait and hope it gets thicker thank you

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

The photo of hairline is from 4 months actually. He uploaded the same picture before one month, as you can see on the the thread below. 

Edited by Jackdaniels

On 1/9/2024 at 12:46 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

I’m just not sure if the hairline is sparse or if that’s the midscalp looking more sparse and showing through the front. I hope I didn’t make the wrong decision by getting grafts added throughout my scalp for density.