Advice / Help needed for HT

Looking to get a hair transplant when I visit India end of March. 

Age: 37; hair loss slow progression for past 10 years. Been on topical minoxidil on and off. For past month I started hims (fin/min) topical spray, weekly microneedling. Will wait to see how this progresses for next three months. 

Strong preference for FUE, due the scar from FUT. In case surgery doesn’t workout I could buzz cut or shave, with FUT that could be hard as it would show the scar. 

Medispa- recommended 5000 grafts. Also mentioned they might focus more on front now, and could focus crown for second sitting (2-3 years down). 

Eugenix - classified me as NW3, and recommended 4700 grafts (2500-3000 front and 1700 crown). Looking to opt exclusive package with Dr. Somesh, if I go this route. 

Questions:

1) How would you classify my NW scale? 

2) Eugenix classified me incorrect as some pointed out. I am NW 6 as eventually these mid scalp miniaturized hairs will fall out. The hairline they drew seems aggressive too. I am worried if I will get results like @GeneralNorwood as one reddit user pointed out. Thoughts? 

3) Dr. Suneet Soni is forum recommended surgeon while Dr. Somesh is not. Also seems Medispa got better reading of my hairline suggesting 2 procedures with less focus on crown for first sitting. BUT I am not fully onboard with FUT scar and need to constantly keep long hairs in the back. Thoughts? 

4) Am I a good candidate for HT? If yes should I focus more on lowering hairline or getting full density in the current hair area with little on side bald area? Can I do HT on existing area without causing shock loss? 

bbaeab85-5470-48ee-ad0c-293b9f6ea0b8.jpeg

04562ab9-fa02-4925-9c99-169250cdfe5b.jpeg

5cf3ca7d-e3f7-4c2b-88be-a8c7a572b78f.jpeg

da31d26d-28cf-44c8-a76a-edafcf9c2918.jpeg

d5bcfa42-a8d9-4812-b40e-89d9c572123c.jpeg

527283c8-df37-4fa2-a761-a222fdbdb169.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

IMG_5047.jpeg

IMG_5044.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5069.jpeg

IMG_5181.jpeg

1 hour ago, HT24 said:

Looking to get a hair transplant when I visit India end of March. 

Age: 37; hair loss slow progression for past 10 years. Been on topical minoxidil on and off. For past month I started hims (fin/min) topical spray, weekly microneedling. Will wait to see how this progresses for next three months. 

Strong preference for FUE, due the scar from FUT. In case surgery doesn’t workout I could buzz cut or shave, with FUT that could be hard as it would show the scar. 

Medispa- recommended 5000 grafts. Also mentioned they might focus more on front now, and could focus crown for second sitting (2-3 years down). 

Eugenix - classified me as NW3, and recommended 4700 grafts (2500-3000 front and 1700 crown). Looking to opt exclusive package with Dr. Somesh, if I go this route. 

Questions:

1) How would you classify my NW scale? 

2) Eugenix classified me incorrect as some pointed out. I am NW 6 as eventually these mid scalp miniaturized hairs will fall out. The hairline they drew seems aggressive too. I am worried if I will get results like @GeneralNorwood as one reddit user pointed out. Thoughts? 

3) Dr. Suneet Soni is forum recommended surgeon while Dr. Somesh is not. Also seems Medispa got better reading of my hairline suggesting 2 procedures with less focus on crown for first sitting. BUT I am not fully onboard with FUT scar and need to constantly keep long hairs in the back. Thoughts? 

4) Am I a good candidate for HT? If yes should I focus more on lowering hairline or getting full density in the current hair area with little on side bald area? Can I do HT on existing area without causing shock loss? 

bbaeab85-5470-48ee-ad0c-293b9f6ea0b8.jpeg

04562ab9-fa02-4925-9c99-169250cdfe5b.jpeg

5cf3ca7d-e3f7-4c2b-88be-a8c7a572b78f.jpeg

da31d26d-28cf-44c8-a76a-edafcf9c2918.jpeg

d5bcfa42-a8d9-4812-b40e-89d9c572123c.jpeg

527283c8-df37-4fa2-a761-a222fdbdb169.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

IMG_5047.jpeg

IMG_5044.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5069.jpeg

IMG_5181.jpeg

Yes, you're definitely a candidate of hair transplant. You need to select a clinic which clinic can blend scalp hairs with beard hairs perfectly. Tbh I'm not a big fan of fut+fue method. From my experience with Dr. Somesh, I can say that he's an excellent surgeon, extremely knowledgeable. I think for the frontal portion mentioned 2500-2700 grafts would be enough. But you can still plan more when planning would be conducted. They'll not proceed without your approval. And when you start medications miniatured hairs will get better.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

The line that you drew is too low, and implementing such a design would probably cost you a lot of grafts that you desperately need in order to have coverage on top 

The line was drawn by Eugenix. And yes that is exactly my concern, if the line is too low, it might be a concern for future. Thanks for your comment. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This Eugenix guys are so bad... Of course you are not Norwood 3. You are Norwood 6 diffuse thinner. It looks like they are downgrading patients deliberately. 

They contradict themselves by grading you Norwood 3 and then proposing 5000 grafts procedure. Norwood 3 would need only 3000 grafts. 

Lowering your hairline by 2 cm with this state of balding is a big no-no. 

Your hair are miniaturised all over the scalp, even your lateral humps are recessing. 5000 grafts will be only a start, you need more then this, 1 procedure is not enough. 

If i were you (we have somewhow similar cases), i would search for another clinic that is good with diffuse thinners. Do not jump into procedure. Talk to more clinics, do reasearch, be patient. If you have to wait 1 year for the procedure, then wait. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If Eugenix cannot even assess your hair correctly the first time around, stay well clear. Again, it is a clear and worrying sign that many people working at this clinic are so incompetent beyond belief. This should be a first red alarm for anyone and no second chances after that.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2024 at 6:08 PM, Tommy1991 said:

If Eugenix cannot even assess your hair correctly the first time around, stay well clear. Again, it is a clear and worrying sign that many people working at this clinic are so incompetent beyond belief. This should be a first red alarm for anyone and no second chances after that.

Yes, check the another option bcoz I found some bad review of EUGENIX.

5 hours ago, Ppandey said:

Yes, check the another option bcoz I found some bad review of EUGENIX.

This is case very very worrying from more than a hair transplant aspect… unbelievable………