3x Konior FUT + FUE NW6 (12 Year Update)

Posted (edited)

Just an update. Got 4400 FUT in 2012. Got a second* procedure in Nov. 2020 of 2500 (mostly FUT, about 500 FUE) and placed about 1500 in back and 1000 in front. I've been taking meds since my first procedure. I'm legit a hard NW6. Most recent pics below were taken today in HARSH lighting. Hair is very slightly damp. Also filled in FUT line about 4 months after second HT (400 beard). That made a big difference. I can shave it down to a 3. You can see before pics in my signature. First pic is my around 2011. Had a massive black hole in the crown prior to my second procedure.

Dr. K legit changed my life for the better. Just wanted to share some pics because this guy's work is amazing and meant to last.

I'm still losing some hair. Mostly my part line/halo. I imagine I will have another 2 HT in my lifetime, both minor to fill in some spots. Dr. K told me I should have a full head of hair for the rest of my life, as I did "everything right" — thanks to his advice (such as taking meds, doing FUT first). I'm nearly 41. Happy to answer questions. Cheers —

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 9.31.33 AM.png

IMG_3350.jpg

A2341B97-9F57-410C-82F2-82A409822C1B.jpg

Edited by champybaby

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

4 hours ago, lakes9925 said:

just wondering did they blind fold you during your surgeries? also were you allowed to speak during your surgeries? 

Heya — No, I wasn't blindfolded. Is that a thing lol?

And yea, there was some talking during the first 15%-20% of the surgery, but generally speaking, you want the doctor and their team to do their thing so I try not to talk a lot. There is a TV in there, though I've never asked for it to be on. I essentially fell asleep for all of my surgeries.

I never associated pain with my surgeries. I don't believe they're painful at all. For me, I find sleeping post-op to be the most difficult, as you need to sleep upright. That's easier for some versus others (like me). Took sleeping pills to help with that. After 10 days, it's just a waiting game for results.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, champybaby said:

Just an update. Got 4400 FUT in 2012.

do you still think about hair transplants in your day to day life? 

While I sincerely appreciate your update, I'm not sure why you are posting updates when your last surgery was over 2 years ago and you have 100% been completely done with your journey for quite some time now.

I think the end-goal for every hair transplant patient should ultimately be to stop thinking about hair transplants, and be able to live a full and productive life free from hair transplant world. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

17 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

do you still think about hair transplants in your day to day life? 

While I sincerely appreciate your update, I'm not sure why you are posting updates when your last surgery was over 2 years ago and you have 100% been completely done with your journey for quite some time now.

I think the end-goal for every hair transplant patient should ultimately be to stop thinking about hair transplants, and be able to live a full and productive life free from hair transplant world. 

What I'm doing here, and to answer your question — "do you still think about hair transplants in your day to day life?" — no, I don't. But I do enjoy helping people, like other members have helped me, through their HT journey.

I'm sharing because I know that people on this forum, both newcomers and older timers, wonder what a HT looks like beyond one or two years. Most first-time HT candidates think they just need 1 HT and their done. But the reality, especially for younger people with aggressive hair loss (like myself when I first got mine), is that they will lose more hair and that they will need (or want) another HT. I'm showing what multiple HTs (3) look like over many years.

It looks like you've posted a lot of questions seeking insight/help. I've done the same. We're all trying to help and support each other here. So that's what I'm trying to do. Cheers 🍻

• Like 1