Should I get a HT now

Hi fam,

Been suffering with hair loss since early 20s. Now I am 33 y.o. All males in both fathers and mother's side have baldness.

Never had any medication - fin or min. Should I get a HT now or should I wait for 6-9 months and get into taking fin daily just to increase some density around the donor area?

Does my donor area look alright for a HT?

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Administrators

I think you need medicine first. Your donor looks thin. I don’t think you have enough donor hair to get a meaningful result.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

it looks like you need 8000-9000 or more grafts for the full effect. Donor looks like it loses pigment, the questions is if it is because of miniaturisation.

You should consult with good surgeon before thinking about HTs. And of course medication is mandatory if you want to think about surgeries. 

Being completely honest with your donor area you are not a good candidate for a hairtransplant. You can alway try finasteride for 1 year to see if its possible to improve your donor and then reconsider.

• Like 1

Beard hair would def be needed. This looks like a case for Eugenix. I've had similar situtation where I got rejected by one, if not; the top clinic in Canada, they advice me to shave it all off. I contacted Eugenix couple weeks later. Fast forward 20 months later to day, I have a full head of hair.