Fate of diffused thinning hair

Hi, got a question. 

for us diffused thinning guys, is our ultimate fate of these thinning hairs to be completely slick bald in the future without medical therapy? 

or does it somewhat stay miniaturised but is able to keep at the same level for years to come. For me it doesn’t make sense as to why I’m slick bald in the temples but diffused thinning is able to put up a fight with DHT but still be there. 

I had a consult with a top doctor and says medical therapy will not completely stop it, just slow it down.

so for these thinning hairs, will they be permanent as the way they are, or is their fate to die off in the future? 

cheers all

7DF37136-0B88-40DC-9CAF-901A74C3DAD8.jpeg

7 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Hi, got a question. 

for us diffused thinning guys, is our ultimate fate of these thinning hairs to be completely slick bald in the future without medical therapy? 

or does it somewhat stay miniaturised but is able to keep at the same level for years to come. For me it doesn’t make sense as to why I’m slick bald in the temples but diffused thinning is able to put up a fight with DHT but still be there. 

I had a consult with a top doctor and says medical therapy will not completely stop it, just slow it down.

so for these thinning hairs, will they be permanent as the way they are, or is their fate to die off in the future? 

cheers all

7DF37136-0B88-40DC-9CAF-901A74C3DAD8.jpeg

Different doctors bear different opinions but as a diffuse thinner that has been on meds for over almost 4 years I can say that I haven't lost a single hair since I started medical therapy, on contrary I have only seen improvements since then. I firmly believe that the overwhelming majority of patients either diffuse or not will be able to maintain for life in case they decided to commit on 5ARIs. 

• Administrators

If you have a Norwood 6 pattern in a diffuse pattern, then yes, that will ultimately become slick bald. That’s why medicine is important.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)

Without medical therapy a difuse thinning pattern would most probably transform into full blown baldness. However, Oral Finasteride could halt and even stop baldness from progressing, that's why I don't completely get the doctor's response since Finasteride in the oral form is much more efficacious than the topical form 

Edited by Eli_Avdikian