Next Steps?

Hi this is my first post and I am looking for some advice on the next steps to my hair restoration. To help with this please see below my journey summary … 

I’m 34 and I first noticed my hair loss at age 22. Between 2013 and 2023 I have been using minoxidil and finasteride, had a FUT hair transplant and tried micro pigmentation over the FUT scar. 

Some of these have helped short term but, I have had more hair loss and I am wondering what options I have left.

My thoughts have been around having a second transplant (ideally FUE type over FUT) or work on repairing the FUT scar. Any experiences, advice, links or UK clinic recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Joe 

• Moderators

If you already had FUT then a lot of times you may be better off just doing another FUT rather than FUE. They will cut the strip along the current FUT scar, cutting out the current scar, so you'll still be left with a single scar in the same place it is now.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thanks all for the comments and advice. 

Regarding my medication routine, I was using minoxidil (regain) from 2013 to 2022 and I started finesteride in 2017 until 2022 however, I did take breaks in the finesteride for a couple months. At the beginning of 2023 I switched to the Hims minoxidil / finesteride combination topical spray but I have not seen benefits.

I did not consider a second FUT over the top of the original so this is something to think about, thanks.