6 surgeries with no really bad scar tissue?

I am a repair patient with bad angles who has had 6 surgeries thus far. Short story I went to an electrologist today because I was just curious about that as an option. As part of the consult, I asked her if she could remark on my scar tissue, and she said that yes while I do have scar tissue, it was not bad at all to her and my scalp looked pretty good. 

I am consulting for my 7th surgery and one thing I am hearing constantly from doctors is "you have already had 6 surgeries which means a ton of gnarly scar tissue this is going to be super difficult to work with"

...but the electrologist is saying my scar tissue is not bad really.

My question is - is it possible to have 6 surgeries (including 3 repairs - extractions of previously implanted areas) and have scar tissue NOT be an issue?

After so many surgeries anf mostly after fue you have a lot of scar tissue also under the skin so to speak and your hair follicles might be a little tedered and hard to extract. Your electrologist cant see that but this comes out mostly as a difficulty at the time of the extraction of the grafts. I would trust what the doctor says in your case.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I am a repair patient with bad angles who has had 6 surgeries thus far. Short story I went to an electrologist today because I was just curious about that as an option. As part of the consult, I asked her if she could remark on my scar tissue, and she said that yes while I do have scar tissue, it was not bad at all to her and my scalp looked pretty good. 

I am consulting for my 7th surgery and one thing I am hearing constantly from doctors is "you have already had 6 surgeries which means a ton of gnarly scar tissue this is going to be super difficult to work with"

My question is - is it possible to have 6 surgeries (including 3 repairs - extractions of previously implanted areas) and have scar tissue NOT be an issue?

Are you able to post pictures with your eyes blacked out so we can get a better idea of where you are at? I too am a repair patient. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Are you able to post pictures with your eyes blacked out so we can get a better idea of where you are at? I too am a repair patient. 

Photos especially of the donor area would be helpful.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

HappyMan, you are one of the repair patients that I have taken a keen interest in and am hoping nothing but the best for you…sone of the more difficult aspects of scarring are that it’s difficult to ascertain how much, and how deep it is into the dermis layer and beyond…another difficulty is to ascertain the composition of the tissue because it can vary as the healing takes place…the scar tissue can be softer in one side and tough as rubber on the other side…how is the blood 🩸 flow in the scar matter?…these aspects cannot be accurately evaluated by a visual examination alone…and a number of surgeries are going to produce a fair amount of scar tissue irregardless of what the electrologist’ opinion…she is not a M.D. (surgeon) with extensive experience, no offense…but let’s face it, having that many procedures is invasive and will create numerous amounts of scar tissue…I pray that I have not discouraged you my brother.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY