One Year Recap - Dr. Gur, 3,500 grafts FUE

I received a little less than 3,500 grafts in late November 2022 under the care of Dr. Gur and his staff at Fue Capilar in Istanbul.  These are pictures before and one year after (with some progression photos).  I started taking Finasteride (1mg/day) 3 months before the procedure and am still taking it presently.  I followed all after-care recommendations and took a 2-week vacation after the procedure to allow healing.  There were 2 options with Dr. Gur. The more expensive has Dr. Gur perform all steps while the less expensive option (my pick) had Dr. Gur do the hairline and implantation, but has his staff do the harvesting from the donor area.  Overall, it was a seamless experience from pickup at the airport to transport to the hotel.  The office was clean, staff was professional, and I have nothing but positive feedback to express.

Slide1.thumb.jpeg.0eaed32e80d127daf2a679979420c6d6.jpeg

Slide2.thumb.jpeg.feba27699a1f24dc04445b79c0607e25.jpeg

Slide3.thumb.jpeg.628f1b6822f680e1689646bee4c201ee.jpeg

Slide4.thumb.jpeg.2ede67356a2c0b9609c4e1c2a939caa4.jpeg

Slide5.thumb.jpeg.472db7334c417135679633a51224ea7c.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HappyinHalifax said:

I received a little less than 3,500 grafts in late November 2022 under the care of Dr. Gur and his staff at Fue Capilar in Istanbul.  These are pictures before and one year after (with some progression photos).  I started taking Finasteride (1mg/day) 3 months before the procedure and am still taking it presently.  I followed all after-care recommendations and took a 2-week vacation after the procedure to allow healing.  There were 2 options with Dr. Gur. The more expensive has Dr. Gur perform all steps while the less expensive option (my pick) had Dr. Gur do the hairline and implantation, but has his staff do the harvesting from the donor area.  Overall, it was a seamless experience from pickup at the airport to transport to the hotel.  The office was clean, staff was professional, and I have nothing but positive feedback to express.

Slide1.thumb.jpeg.0eaed32e80d127daf2a679979420c6d6.jpeg

Slide2.thumb.jpeg.feba27699a1f24dc04445b79c0607e25.jpeg

Slide3.thumb.jpeg.628f1b6822f680e1689646bee4c201ee.jpeg

Slide4.thumb.jpeg.2ede67356a2c0b9609c4e1c2a939caa4.jpeg

Slide5.thumb.jpeg.472db7334c417135679633a51224ea7c.jpeg

Looking great man. Very happy for you. How much did you pay for the standard package of dr Gur ?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dr. Gur is amazing quality for value 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, HatMaster said:

It's an excellent result. Your hair looks youthful and natural. Congratulations!

What are your future plans? Back for round 2, stick with finasteride, etc?

I'm going to stick with the finasteride and ride this out.  Even close colleagues had no idea I had done it until I told them, even through the shedding period.  It looks natural, so I'm happy with it (and the attention from strangers).

11 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Congratulations..thats an nice outcome...bdw whts the zigzag pattern extraction ...! Have seen such thing for the first time ..😅

Thank you.  And hahaha, I'm not sure about the pattern - maybe that was due to the discount and the assistants doing the extractions?  but it healed over great and the back, which was always fairly dense, looks like it did before the procedure.

53 minutes ago, Belve said:

Looking great man. Very happy for you. How much did you pay for the standard package of dr Gur ?

Thank you.  The standard package was 2,750 Euro, including aftercare products, transport, and hotel.  This was in November 2022.  The VIP package was 1.25 Euro per graft (2,750 Euro minimum) plus 250 Euro for optional transport and hotel.   All in, including flight, I'd say I paid around $4,000 USD for the standard package.

• 3 months later...