When to increase Finasteride dosage?

Jb4458

Hi all,

I'm 9 months post transplant. All looking fine. Lots of thickening to come I hope still but no issues.

I've been taking 0.5mg daily of fin but wondered how I would know if I need to increase this to 1mg

It's my first transplant and things move slowly so it's almost impossible to know if what I am doing is enough...

How do people tell? 

I take nothing else.

Tha.ms

Please talk to actual doctors about medication and dosages.

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

46 minutes ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

Is the O.5 dose working fine for you? If it's the case, I wouldn't want to go higher

Hey,

Well thats the question. How is it judged? I'm 9 months into transplant. Obviously not there yet and a bit of work to do. But is that due to 0.5mg or is it due to just not being patient. How to people quantify the dosage needing to be increased?

5 hours ago, Jb4458 said:

Hi all,

I'm 9 months post transplant. All looking fine. Lots of thickening to come I hope still but no issues.

I've been taking 0.5mg daily of fin but wondered how I would know if I need to increase this to 1mg

It's my first transplant and things move slowly so it's almost impossible to know if what I am doing is enough...

How do people tell? 

I take nothing else.

Tha.ms

If you're not having any issues with 0.5mg, initially you can start with 1 mg four/fives times in a week and see how it responds till few weeks. Depends on that you can customize your dosage