Diffuse thinning 28yo. What doctor can have small repair for hairline and small touch up

Hi. I'm 28 Years old and I got HT in turkey 3 years ago only on the Temples. My hair is diffusely thinning. The hair transplant was poor and now very low density. I want to have a small procedure to make the hairline more natural and add density to the front and maybe use some Beard grafts for the mid scalp. I researched lots of clinics and don't know what to choose. Eugenix is more for completely bald NW 7-6 but in my case I think Dr Patrick mwamba, or bisanga can help. I tried finasterid and had side effects. Minoxidil I can't because I have seborrheic dermatitis. I use ketozol shampoo and finasterid 2-3 times per week for 6 months. Let me know what you think and what doctor will be the best decision for my case. Thinning hair all over unfortunately. But already got HT so I don't want to shave it of. At least not now.

IMG-20231216-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20231216-WA0026.jpg

20231112_062721.jpg

20231112_062731.jpg

Screenshot_20231110_075123_Gallery.jpg

20231110_075350.jpg

20231110_075417.jpg

20231026_203342.jpg

20231112_210220.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_215948_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_215928_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_215838_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_215826_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_215910_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_215817_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_215851_Gallery.jpg

At 28 with diffuse thinning throughout a larger surface area and not currently using any medication, further surgery to reinforce density in the hairline may not be the most appropriate next step. Obviously in terms of achieving a more natural hairline, it has logic but in the next years if you will continue to lose hair behind then to have a fuller hairline and little behind this could be problematic for you.

As you mention sides with finasteride and the concern with minoxidil is more skin related, maybe you can look into oral minoxidil which can be very beneficial in diffuse thinners.

Placing beard into the mid scalp without stabilising may also mean that in the future, only the beard hair remains and so priority really should be longer term.

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Yes, medication and see how you tolerate it and if you get growth etc. You are in a delicate position of age and having already had a surgery that has not come good and your donor may also be compromised, so lot of challenges here and best to not rush to another surgery.  25 was very young and the clinic should not have offered it IMO when they see age and not on meds. As said above maybe low dose oral minoxidil will help you.  All the best and keep us posted. 

• Valued Contributor

In my opinion, it's advisable to seek advice from a qualified doctor and consider starting medication. Oral minoxidil might be beneficial for your situation, and if there are side effects from oral finasteride, exploring topical finasteride could be an alternative. Additionally, exploring non-surgical treatments such as PRP and other mesotherapy options could be helpful. Some doctors have seen positive outcomes with dutasteride mesotherapy. Overall, a combination of non-surgical therapies and medication tends to be effective for diffuse thinning.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023