Resul Yaman - 4550 Grafts, Sep18/2023

8 hours ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

Dr. Yaman has succeeded on multiple high norwood cases. The problem is he fails as often as he succeeds from a glance around the forum (which the results were skewed positive when I originally booked. I scoured everything on reddit, and here.) There is no single post here that says "Dr. Yaman cannot handle higher norwood cases" in 2023. There was no amount of due diligence that could have saved me. If Doctors are not recommended to perform certain procedures, they should probably be removed from the recommended list here.

I sincerely hope my donor has enough to handle a larger second procedure due to a potential borf up of the first one. 

Don't take the recommended list here as gospel. The lines are blurred when you think the information here is 100% only for the patient's (you or me or anyone) best interests.

All you can do is be thankful other members had the guts to post their subpar results here, a subpar result is 10x more valuable than a good one. Even a hair mill can produce a great result from time to time.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Don't take the recommended list here as gospel. The lines are blurred when you think the information here is 100% only for the patient's (you or me or anyone) best interests.

All you can do is be thankful other members had the guts to post their subpar results here, a subpar result is 10x more valuable than a good one. Even a hair mill can produce a great result from time to time.

It's not just here. Dr. Yaman was on the recommended list on reddit as well , pretty much everywhere, with no real negative fingers pointing at him pre mar 2023 (when I scheduled my appointment). There was a thread that was edited recently on reddit pointing at him as a hair mill, but it definitely wasn't like that when I looked during booking.

Naturally, there is some level of corporate shilling on every forum, but it's still the wild west and mostly difficult to parse data. ( though as we get more data..that will change ) 

I advised the clinic consultant. I would be reviewing this in visible locations pre-procedure in hopes that I would receive the best techs.(wishful thinking of course) Not sure that happened..

Edited by xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx

49 minutes ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

It's not just here. Dr. Yaman was on the recommended list on reddit as well , pretty much everywhere, with no real negative fingers pointing at him pre mar 2023 (when I scheduled my appointment). There was a thread that was edited recently on reddit pointing at him as a hair mill, but it definitely wasn't like that when I looked during booking.

Naturally, there is some level of corporate shilling on every forum, but it's still the wild west and mostly difficult to parse data. ( though as we get more data..that will change ) 

I advised the clinic consultant. I would be reviewing this in visible locations pre-procedure in hopes that I would receive the best techs.(wishful thinking of course) Not sure that happened..

Did you find these threads, they are pre march 2023. I did about 1 minute of googling:

The point is, I can also find good results of his. It is a dice roll. All I am saying is, the higher in quality of clinic, the less of a risk of a sub par result. But it can definitely still happen, no matter where you go. 

20 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Did you find these threads, they are pre march 2023. I did about 1 minute of googling:

#1 is at 6 months. 6 months is by zero stretch the final result. Patient vanished. Not a valid example. Furthermore the patient even stated that he's a slow grower for sure. (Growth started at 4.5 months)
#2 is definitely a valid example. This was the major one that I saw - but this was really the only one. It sounded like Dr. Yaman was willing to refund in full though.
#3 is a valid example with donor destruction also. I didn't see this before.
#4 is not a valid example. The patient updated at 4 months. At 4 months, it is still possible to be shock loss / growth potentially not even started and then abandoned the thread. How is this a valid example?

35 minutes ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

#1 is at 6 months. 6 months is by zero stretch the final result. Patient vanished. Not a valid example. Furthermore the patient even stated that he's a slow grower for sure. (Growth started at 4.5 months)
#2 is definitely a valid example. This was the major one that I saw - but this was really the only one. It sounded like Dr. Yaman was willing to refund in full though.
#3 is a valid example with donor destruction also. I didn't see this before.
#4 is not a valid example. The patient updated at 4 months. At 4 months, it is still possible to be shock loss / growth potentially not even started and then abandoned the thread. How is this a valid example?

I can find more, I spent one minute searching. I'm just curious how much time and effort you earnestly spent researching.

Also, I don't mean to give you a hard time. I want you to have a good result no matter where you go, that goes for anyone. I'm just trying to help clarify that perhaps the risk was higher than you thought when you took the plunge with this clinic. 

Posted (edited)

I know your not having a good time mate and your stressing, all I can say is like others, If you examine what you had versus the pics of what was transplanted and then to the pics now, you are in a good place for sure, the hair has grown. you absolutely have more hair!

The problem is, the 4.5k grafts we're put over the entire scalp and obviously not in a very dense way because of the surface area they needed to cover, so in your eyes it looks like a failure, from an outsider view its obvious its grown and doing well, I had around 5500/6000ish between my first 2 HT and it was sparse over a similar area, mainly down to the fact I have very fine hair, so there is always other factors at play to, 4500 grafts on someone with thick hair would look completely different etc

Honestly I think after another session you'll be in a good place, you might not think this has been good, but you hair at a shorter length now is covering your head a million times better than that mega long hair you had previous, from what I can see its looking good

Edited by Stewie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Stewie said:

I know your not having a good time mate and your stressing, all I can say is like others, If you examine what you had versus the pics of what was transplanted and then to the pics now, you are in a good place for sure, the hair has grown. you absolutely have more hair!

The problem is, the 4.5k grafts we're put over the entire scalp and obviously not in a very dense way because of the surface area they needed to cover, so in your eyes it looks like a failure, from an outsider view its obvious its grown and doing well, I had around 5500/6000ish between my first 2 HT and it was sparse over a similar area, mainly down to the fact I have very fine hair, so there is always other factors at play to, 4500 grafts on someone with thick hair would look completely different etc

Honestly I think after another session you'll be in a good place, you might not think this has been good, but you hair at a shorter length now is covering your head a million times better than that mega long hair you had previous, from what I can see its looking good

Thanks for your input! You've been my voice of reason a lot in all of this. I just want enough to cover so with the second procedure I can have full coverage. It sucks that things have been arranged in a way I did not request right now. I do agree that there is more hair, what i'm just questioning is how *much* more there actually is..but there is some time, and i'm a hella slow grower so ...

I would expect the frontal third to be able to tank a gust of wind by the end of this. That's my "yep, okay, this is a success" even if I may not be satisfied by graft yield / placement

Edited by xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx
  • Like 2

Thats it exactly, I would not see this as a defeat, more of an annoyance that you just have to wait longer to get where you are getting, but there is a few ways to look at it, if you got a mega session in one go and had some sort of accident and blew it and really ran the tank out, then you are screwed, at least with where you are at now you have options to move forward and improve on the gains you have made

I am now around 11000/11500 grafts and got tons of doubles, triples etc, but again because my hair is fine it still has the issues your talking about

As long as in the long run you can get to a happy place then thats all you want, maybe if the ultimate goal is the growing forward, then next time go heavy on just behind the hairline and crown/vertex area?

But I do believe looking at your hair you have a lot more grafts to go and should get in a place your happy with long term

• Like 1