5 Months post HT and Finestride

HT results turned out to be decent. But I am still losing a lot of hairs on daily basis (around 50-100 I guess).

is it normal? That means the Fin doesn’t work on me?

taking Fin and Min for the first time in my life for the last 4 and half months 

my HT results - 

thanks

Edited by SaulGood

5 minutes ago, jjalay said:

This is probably shedding because of the medication,to sumplify it the hair ar entering a new cycle because of the medication. You should continue with finasteride at least a year to see how this goes.

I am not planning on stopping, it least until 12 months mark.

just curious if it means fin doesn’t work well for me, I am also been told that my bald pattern is “diffused thinner” so I didn’t get my hopes up since it might mean I will be bald no matter if I do HT or not 

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, SaulGood said:

HT results turned out to be decent. But I am still losing a lot of hairs on daily basis (around 50-100 I guess).

is it normal? That means the Fin doesn’t work on me?

taking Fin and Min for the first time in my life for the last 4 and half months 

my HT results - 

thanks

You need to be on the medication for at least a year before you can make an assessment. Even if your hair has not changed then that means the medication is working. All the best.

@SaulGood,

It’s considered normal to lose between 50 to 100 hairs per day as part of the normal hair growth cycle. This doesn’t mean you’re necessarily losing hair but that your terminal, healthy hair is in the process of cycling and will return.

That said, if you feel that your overall hair seems to be on the thinner side and continuing to thin out, you may still be experiencing ongoing male pattern, baldness which continues despite surgical hair restoration.

Now, finasteride and other nonsurgical solutions such as minoxidil typically do a pretty good job for most men in slowing down or stopping the progression of genetic hair loss. In some cases, it might even thicken thinning hair. That said, it doesn’t work for everybody, and in some cases, it’s difficult to tell if it’s working.  This is because even if your hair is continuing to thin, it might fall out even faster if you weren’t using finasteride. That’s the conundrum.

I don’t know how long ago you had your hair transplant, but in my opinion, I will continue doing what you’re doing nonsurgically as long as your doctor approves it and if you need to go in for a second pass to thicken your hair, you always have that option assuming do you have a donor for it. A rectal surgeon will always leave donor hair and reserve in the event of the possibility of future loss.

I hope this helps.

Patient advocate for Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.