Fail hair transplant

I’ve had hair transplant 17 months ago in uk, after 3 months I start to have those pimples exactly like those in pics, I’ve tried to contact the surgeon that did my transplant and told me to use hydrocortisone for one week and I’ve used it for about a month but no changes at all , I tried to seek opinions from other surgeon and they’re telling me to try prp and laser hair regrowth sessions which costs around £2000 , would that really help me with reducing this scars or is there any suggestion that you guys could help me please I’m really feeling lost right know 

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1158.jpeg

• Sad 3

It looks like ingrown hair and pitting in the area where the hair was transplanted. prp and laser for hair growth wont help much. The options you have is another hairtransplant to cover this area with the right doctor or laser resurfacing to smoothen the skin in that area. Doctor bisanga in belgium has experience with such cases, it think you should have a consultation with him. In the uk you can think about dr mittal or dr. ball for a consultation.

@Cocop.,

To clarify, the photos you presented… are they yours? Because you said that you experienced pimples like the ones in the photos which seems to imply that the photos you presented are not your own. If that’s the case, it would be very difficult to provide you with any real opinion especially since you said you started experiencing pimples around 3 months and you’re now 17 months postop.

So, I have there been any changes betweenw three months and 17 months? Or are you saying that you still seem to have these pimple-like bumps/marks on your scalp?

I should just posting some photos of your scalp/hair prior to surgery, then at three months when you started experiencing these bumps and finally, showing your hair and scalp today in the area of the transplant.

Without those photos, it will be difficult to provide any real assessment or opinion. But in general, I would say if you are still experiencing some kind of bumps pimples and 17 months postop, you should speak with your surgeon because this is not normal.

Best wishes,

Patient Advocate for Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

yes the photos are mine and literally taken few minutes before I upload it in here , It hasn’t shown any changes since the third month post HT and the photos I have @ 6, 12 month looks exactly the one on the pictures looking the same the entire 14 months.  I’ve done the transplantation @hair growth centre and all they offered me was hydrocortisone cream for one week and they told me to  wait for one year as it was early to judge the results. After one year and no change I went back to them and they offered me £750 worth of PRP which is not even guaranteed if it’s going to get rid of the scars so I went to este medical center which they also said to try PRP with laser regrowth sessions worth of £2500 still not guaranteed of removing the scars 

sorry for the confusion but please help me with any suggestions that could get rid of those scars. I’m actually stressed and depressed rightnow all I wanted was to get my hairline little forward I wish if could rewind back the time 

I agree with what's been written above, you really need to get consultations from the better options in the UK. HGC is unfortunately not a good Clinic, and no Clinic with Este in the name is any better. 

You seem to choosing the lowest cost places which isn't the way to go, aim higher as you don't want to make the situation worse or just waste money on PRP when it's not going to help. 

A second transplant is most likely the best way to treat this, but again this would need to be a much better choice of Dr/Clinic than you have previously chosen. 

Look around and see who's doing good work, especially with repair type cases. 

In the UK we do have Dr Reddy who is perhaps one of the most experienced you will find here. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Cocop. said:

yes the photos are mine and literally taken few minutes before I upload it in here , It hasn’t shown any changes since the third month post HT and the photos I have @ 6, 12 month looks exactly the one on the pictures looking the same the entire 14 months.  I’ve done the transplantation @hair growth centre and all they offered me was hydrocortisone cream for one week and they told me to  wait for one year as it was early to judge the results. After one year and no change I went back to them and they offered me £750 worth of PRP which is not even guaranteed if it’s going to get rid of the scars so I went to este medical center which they also said to try PRP with laser regrowth sessions worth of £2500 still not guaranteed of removing the scars 

sorry for the confusion but please help me with any suggestions that could get rid of those scars. I’m actually stressed and depressed rightnow all I wanted was to get my hairline little forward I wish if could rewind back the time 

The only likely way you’re going to get rid of the cobblestoning is to have the grafts punched back out again. 

Get yourself an in-person consultation with Dr Ball at the Maitland Clinic in Portsmouth. Will cost you £100 but will be a much better investment than any of the other nonsense that the clinics are recommending with PRP etc. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Berba11 said:

The only likely way you’re going to get rid of the cobblestoning is to have the grafts punched back out again.

I agree with @Berba11. The cobblestoning looks too bad to be able to fully flatten out. I think you will have to have them FUEd out and any that are still good cam be re-implanted correctly.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 7:02 PM, Cocop. said:

It seems you went with a cheap UK hair mill and this is the result. Keep us posted on how this pans out with repair. Best of luck!