hairline design - the frontotemporal angle

a. the front-temporal angle

When designing the hairline, the position and shape of the temple hair must always be considered. The temporal angle represents the “unzipping” of the hairline and the temple and should exhibit an angle in which the temple and the hairline roughly match in shape and in angle. This is why a “toupee” or a hair system can at times be easily spotted as unnatural. If the toupee extends forward without temple hair that matches it, it creates what is known as a “lid effect” and thereby may appear unnatural. The temple to hairline angle should closely match. If someone wears a hat to camouflage one’s baldness, all you have to do is look at the degree of temple recession to estimate how much loss that person has centrally along the hairline. When designing a hairline, always respect the relative position and shape of the temples.

b. acute angle

According to all the text-books I read, the front temporal angle is an ACUTE angle.
The two arms of the angle (the frontal-hairline and the lateral hairline) create an acute angle (fig. 1)

c. the hairline design

I saw there are two ways create the "acute angle".
The first: just draw two lines and create the acute angle. In this case, the surgeon needs to bring forward the lateral hairline (fig.2)
The other one is:draw 3 lines. The lateral hairline is broken down in 2 lines. The first crates a 90° angle with the frontal hairline and the other one (the lower part) creat an acute angle with the frontal hairline (fig. 3)
The good part of this solution is that the surgeon doesn't need to rebuild the lateral hairline/frontotemporal peaks

4. my question
given that the first solution is 100% correct, is the second anatomically wrong?

Fig-1_1690978149.jpg

hq720.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 18.20.17.jpeg

There is no 100% right and 100% wrong when it comes to hairline design, it all depends on what you want to achieve. Your example #3 gives a more recessed look. You find this 'design' in nature when the hairline corners and templed are receding.

Different surgeons do this differently. Some surgeons do more rounded corners (Konior comes to mind, some of the Spanish doctors as well), whereas other doctors do more acute angles (which, in my opinion, looks the best and most natural usually).

In my view, the lower the hairline, the more actute the angle should be.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

10 hours ago, Chrisno said:

I agree, but to create an acute, it is mandatory to rebuild the lateral hairline (and sometimes, the temporal peaks).
That is quite risky, because that area is the most difficult to recreate and even a minor error is very visibile.
This is why I was asking if the other option is ok.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:16 AM, Chrisno said:

There is no 100% right and 100% wrong when it comes to hairline design, it all depends on what you want to achieve. Your example #3 gives a more recessed look. You find this 'design' in nature when the hairline corners and templed are receding.

Different surgeons do this differently. Some surgeons do more rounded corners (Konior comes to mind, some of the Spanish doctors as well), whereas other doctors do more acute angles (which, in my opinion, looks the best and most natural usually).

This is the HL I was talking about.
Let apart personal presences, is it anatomically correct?