yet another bang to the head question!

Hey everyone,

I'm 11 days post-op, healing going well...except I just banged my head on the luggage compartment in the train on the way home. I'd describe it as a 'light' bang - no pain or ringing sensation. Also, no blood. At 11 days post-op, most of the scabs are gone, but there are a few remaining. The bang did nothing to effect them, and all the scabs are still in place as was before the bang. Still, I can't help freaking out. Could I have caused some damage?

Is it possible to cause damage, maybe harm or 'kill' the grafts, without a visible sign like fresh blood?

Please help me understand guys!

Thanks

33 minutes ago, secondtryuser said:

Hey everyone,

I'm 11 days post-op, healing going well...except I just banged my head on the luggage compartment in the train on the way home. I'd describe it as a 'light' bang - no pain or ringing sensation. Also, no blood. At 11 days post-op, most of the scabs are gone, but there are a few remaining. The bang did nothing to effect them, and all the scabs are still in place as was before the bang. Still, I can't help freaking out. Could I have caused some damage?

Is it possible to cause damage, maybe harm or 'kill' the grafts, without a visible sign like fresh blood?

Please help me understand guys!

Thanks

By 8-10th days grafts roots are well secured inside. Head bang would cause no effect at all, don't worry.

Thanks guys! Can I ask a general question following on from this? If I (or anyone else) damages some grafts, will we see a symptom of this damage? Eg blood or a dislodged graft sitting on your scalp? 

Or conversely, is it possible to have a damaged graft with no physical manifestations of that damage? (Say for example, a graft is killed but stays within the scalp and the skin around it does not bleed). 

7 minutes ago, secondtryuser said:

Thanks guys! Can I ask a general question following on from this? If I (or anyone else) damages some grafts, will we see a symptom of this damage? Eg blood or a dislodged graft sitting on your scalp? 

Or conversely, is it possible to have a damaged graft with no physical manifestations of that damage? (Say for example, a graft is killed but stays within the scalp and the skin around it does not bleed). 

If you dislodge a graft after your surgery you will have bleeding in that area.

(Apologies for my anxiety!)

@jjalay thanks for responding and your time. I guess I’m wondering though if there is a halfway house. Say, not dislodging the graft, but the trauma still killing it. So symptomless (in terms of immediacy) but still the long term negative outcome (i.e. the graft doesn’t grow). 

4 minutes ago, secondtryuser said:

(Apologies for my anxiety!)

@jjalay thanks for responding and your time. I guess I’m wondering though if there is a halfway house. Say, not dislodging the graft, but the trauma still killing it. So symptomless (in terms of immediacy) but still the long term negative outcome (i.e. the graft doesn’t grow). 

For something like this to happen, it has to be a big trauma like a hit with a hammer on the head or a burn trauma. If the grafts is disloged you will immidiately see blood pooring out regardless if some part of the graft is still in the incision or completely sticking out.