First HT in one week in Turkey. Any advice or tips for a first timer?

Hey gang,

I am finally going to turkiye next Thursday for my HT with DR Bicer. I had an appointment in late 2021 and couldn't figure out a date to reschedule. Her coordinator Ozen reached out to me a few weeks ago and said there was a cancellation. I thought about it for a day and pulled the trigger. Pretty excited! Looking forward to not having put fibers in my hair and flood it with hairspray on a daily basis. 

Any tips or recommendations for my first time? So far, I got a pretty good neck pillow and entertainment/resources to focus in the days recovering in my hotel room. As someone who has gotten a HT in Turkiye or in general have any pointers you wished you knew prior to yours?

I have stopped oral minoxidil 15 days before as well as drinking. I stopped smoking weed today and will not smoke until two months after the surgery. I plan to stay on finasteride and I have been taking it for ~ ten years.

Hi mate, I went to bicer recently, your in good hands, are you staying at the Sheraton or their suites?, they give you a bucket hat to protect your head after the transplant if a bit self conscious. I wore it at going into airport but took it off after while as they’re were loads of people who had transplants and it looked a bit stupid ha. Only down side I would say is very little English is spoken in the clinic, however all very nice staff who couldn’t be more helpful! 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 11:52 PM, cr1mson said:

Hey gang,

I am finally going to turkiye next Thursday for my HT with DR Bicer. I had an appointment in late 2021 and couldn't figure out a date to reschedule. Her coordinator Ozen reached out to me a few weeks ago and said there was a cancellation. I thought about it for a day and pulled the trigger. Pretty excited! Looking forward to not having put fibers in my hair and flood it with hairspray on a daily basis. 

Any tips or recommendations for my first time? So far, I got a pretty good neck pillow and entertainment/resources to focus in the days recovering in my hotel room. As someone who has gotten a HT in Turkiye or in general have any pointers you wished you knew prior to yours?

I have stopped oral minoxidil 15 days before as well as drinking. I stopped smoking weed today and will not smoke until two months after the surgery. I plan to stay on finasteride and I have been taking it for ~ ten years.

how has the oral minoxidil been for you? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2023 at 8:51 AM, Big Rome said:

how has the oral minoxidil been for you? 

It has definitely thickened up my existing hair. I have a ton of my native hair, its just very thin and wispy. I plan to increase the dosage to 2.5mg this week to speed up my HT results

• Well Done 1