Did I get enough grafts in my mid-scalp?

mojones

Hello everyone I received 2500 grafts from Dr. Yaman in late July. I realized that the majority of my grafts implanted were in the frontal hairline area and only like 500 were in the midscalp. I def do have balding in the scalp but it looks like he target my hairline more even though that’s thinning was. I did say I wanted it improved. Idk what do you guys think? Currently have a good amount of shock loss so my midscalp hair is thin. These pictures are pre-op and post op. Last two pictures is me right now at 4 months.

IMG_0595.png

IMG_0516.png

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_0593.png

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

•  

40 minutes ago, mojones said:

Hello everyone I received 2500 grafts from Dr. Yaman in late July. I realized that the majority of my grafts implanted were in the frontal hairline area and only like 500 were in the midscalp. I def do have balding in the scalp but it looks like he target my hairline more even though that’s thinning was. I did say I wanted it improved. Idk what do you guys think? Currently have a good amount of shock loss so my midscalp hair is thin. These pictures are pre-op and post op. Last two pictures is me right now at 4 months.

IMG_0595.png

IMG_0516.png

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_0593.png

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

•  

looks okay to me. I think with microscopes he evaluated your situation better and implanted accordingly.

• Valued Contributor

@mojones it’s hard to tell from your first pic what your hair loss is. What would you classify yourself on the Norwood scale? Your four month pics look good. I would say (going by your pre op pic) that 2,500 grafts was the appropriate amount of grafts to cover what was required. 👍

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

@mojones it’s hard to tell from your first pic what your hair loss is. What would you classify yourself on the Norwood scale? Your four month pics look good. I would say (going by your pre op pic) that 2,500 grafts was the appropriate amount of grafts to cover what was required. 👍

I would say closer to a Norwood 2? Here’s a picture of before the procedure. The shaved picture shows more of miniaturized hairs in the midscalp. This was my hair fully grown out and styled before the procedure. 

Glad you think it looks good, unfortunately I’ve lost a good amount of native hair density due to shock loss. I’m hoping it comes back soon as I’m already at the 4 month mark and only use minoxidil due to the sides I got with finasteride.

IMG_0515.png

8 minutes ago, mojones said:

I would say closer to a Norwood 2? Here’s a picture of before the procedure. The shaved picture shows more of miniaturized hairs in the midscalp. This was my hair fully grown out and styled before the procedure. 

Glad you think it looks good, unfortunately I’ve lost a good amount of native hair density due to shock loss. I’m hoping it comes back soon as I’m already at the 4 month mark and only use minoxidil due to the sides I got with finasteride.

IMG_0515.png

you were not norwood 2. You had diffuse alopecia and you had thinning in all of your scalp before the procedure too as it is shown in your panoramic photo before the hair transplant.. This photo hides your problem that you had beore the procedure. We cant call it shock loss that you have now, because you already had visible gaps before the procedure.

Edited by Divinehair
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Divinehair said:

you were not norwood 2. You had diffuse alopecia and you had thinning in all of your scalp before the procedure too.. This photo hides your problem that you had beore the procedure. We cant call it shock loss that you have now, because you already had visible gaps before the procedure.

Thank you. That is definitely true, but my scalp did not have visible gaps as bad as I do now. Before my hair was thick enough to cover it and now I can barely do that?

Do you believe the ~ 500 grafts was enough to cover my baldness in the scalp area? 

2 minutes ago, mojones said:

Thank you. That is definitely true, but my scalp did not have visible gaps as bad as I do now. Before my hair was thick enough to cover it and now I can barely do that?

Do you believe the ~ 500 grafts was enough to cover my baldness in the scalp area? 

if you dont take finasteride, your hair loss progress too and you had thinning in all of your recipient area (diffuse alopecia). If you wanted to keep your native hair strong, you should get finasteride but you dont get..

Edited by Divinehair

1 minute ago, Divinehair said:

if you dont take finasteride, your hair loss progress too and you had thinning in all of your recipient area. If you wanted to keep your native hair, you should get finasteride but you dont get..

Are you saying my native hair won’t come back? I had so many bad side effects with it. Does topical have less side effects? 

Edited by mojones

3 minutes ago, mojones said:

Are you saying my native hair won’t come back? I had so many bad side effects with it. Does topical have less side effects? 

well we dont have similar pre op and post op panoramic photos to make judgement. But it seems you already had thinng before the procedure too, and if you dont take finasteride you are going to loose more hair as the time goes...Topical has less side effects but it is less effective too than oral..better than nothing though

Edited by Divinehair