Daily wash

I'm 2 months in and wash my hair every day with baby shampoo but I think every few days should be fine, the logic for me in doing that is keeping my scalp clean but also as I'm applying a spray product provided by the clinic it avoids any build up. 

Edited by RobsHair16

@foursquare,

In my personal opinion, it’s a good idea to wash your hair and scalp every day for at least the first 10 days even if the scabs are gone before that. However, if the scabs persist longer than 10 days, I would continue to wash your scalp and hair daily for at least until the scabs are gone.

That said, in general, it’s a good idea to keep your hair and scalp clean especially while your scalp is healing and your newly transplanted hair is in the process of growing.  So even if you don’t wash your hair every day after a while, I would at least wash your hair and scalp every other day.

In general, the principle is to keep your hair and scalp clean so that the environment is optimal for your transplanted hair to grow.   If you happen to be one of those individuals where your hair and scalp become too dry with daily washing, then you can either try switching to a less harsh product like baby shampoo or wash less frequently after your scalp heals.

I hope this helps.

Patient Advocate for Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 12/10/2023 at 5:43 PM, foursquare said:

Sorry, maybe I didn't put it that way, but itching can sometimes be torture, especially when you can't scratch it.

No worries, I'm sure you already are but I found in the few first weeks taking an antihistamine was more effective at keeping the itching at bay than the spray :)