1 year off Fin after 10 years.

yt23

As the title says about a year ago I decided to stop talking Fin after about 10 years, I started losing my hair at 18 I started fin about age 30 and I have had 2 HTs to the front third I've never lost hair from the mid scalp or crown.

The Fin and the HTs were very successful I kept my hair and with the HTs I restored what was lost and I essentially have a full head of hair.

I decided to stop fin and shaved my head expecting to lose the hair that had been kept from using the fin and for over a year I shaved my head and it was cool I liked the look and didn't have a problem with it.

The last three months I let my hair grow out just to see and it turns out nothing has changed I have the same amount of hair I had when I stopped taking fin .

Thank you for sharing this!

It's really cool and useful to hear about this type of decision and outcome - seeing photos would be great too!
We often see after starting meds, after HT, but rarely ever after stopping for a long term and the outcome!

I'm sure we all have thought about "how long am I realllly gonna do these meds etc for" at some point we want to just let it go and see what happens

Thank you for sharing, would love to see photos 

• Administrators

Maybe you weren’t destined to lose the crown and midscalp. Not everyone progresses to a Norwood 6. But fin is a good insurance policy.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.