Density Concern? 1K FUE - worried I’ll need another HT

30M: Recently just got my second hair transplant of ~1,000 grafts (allegedly, I do not believe the first one was 1,000). The scabs are finally falling off, and I’m pretty concerned about the density underneath. Is this of major concern/will I need a subsequent HT, or am I overreacting? The money wasn’t a concern (went overseas), so I’m kind of disappointed if I’ll need another one in ~8 months.

frustrating that after two procedures there may be an issue here, so definitely going to an expensive American surgeon if I need another 500 or so. Somewhat worried my donor area is getting sparse. 

I know this sounds like venting, but please let me know if you have any advice. I appreciate the help. 

5BFCDA33-5200-4BB8-99E0-920C4D728FB0.jpeg

9A7D4459-B22C-4C96-A18E-54750BA5C49D.jpeg

2900BF70-CBFF-4437-8529-8196D756B41C.jpeg

7F93C219-76A3-4860-8A46-B40DDB7A0F49.jpeg

DF0C98CF-752E-48DB-A58E-F4BCCD479A77.jpeg

1A3F29CB-8D45-4691-8334-DF56E5D58D0D.jpeg

D312BAB1-D000-4D7D-A448-D596D527FECD.jpeg

• Like 1

1k grafts is not nearly enough to fill in the hairline you would need at least 2k grafts for this area. I remember who you are, you mentioned about going to Turkey for vacation and getting a hair transplant while you were there. You were warned by the users on this forum not to get a  hair transplant while in Turkey and to do your due diligence, you did not listen to us now you will need another procedure. 

Edited by Sunset Dune
  • Haha 2
  • Face Palm 2

4 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

1k grafts is not nearly enough to fill in the hairline you would need at least 2k grafts for this area. I remember who you are, you mentioned about going to Turkey for vacation and getting a hair transplant while you were there. You were warned by the users on this forum not to get a  hair transplant while in Turkey and to do your due diligence, you did not listen to us now you will need another procedure. 

I could be wrong, but I do not believe I’ve ever posted here.

15 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Do you have any better pics of post op as to blurry to properly see on that shot? but looks like more or less 1000 grafts from that pic

Do you think they were too conservative and should’ve implanted more grafts, or am I overreacting? The clinic says it is too early as the hairs have not yet grown, most of the doctor’s results are impressive as well. 

301FB11F-A7A2-4186-BC6B-03F554EE3334.jpeg

D603E5D2-6B88-482F-9D4A-EC62B218E20B.jpeg

You don't need another but you may want one.  Pray you don't but prepare and plan as if you will get another.  Most likely you will down the road.  Many many years ago a buddy of mine told me about his time in boot camp.  Said they made him climb big hill in very hot desert with parka on and heavy backpack.  Said cadets could drink from canteen when the got to top of Mt.  Mofo.  They made it to the top but instead of letting them drink they made  them empty their canteens and said you'll have to climb down then back up again then you can drink water.  Thats kind like a transplant.  You spend a lot of money, then wait months for results thinking your almost to the top of the hill and you can breath easy cause your done.  WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!  Surprise you now have to go through it again to get the results you expected the first time around.  Thats the breaks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stewie said:

you have good dense native hair behind it so by the time it grows in it might look great, but even worse case it really would not take many more grafts to pack it out, but try and relax and just see where you are in 6 months+

Thanks for the encouraging advice, this is helpful. If I did need more density, would you think it would be in the 300-500 graft range or 1,000+? I know that’s an unfair question, but appreciate any insight. 

6 hours ago, Vacationtoturkey said:

Thanks for the encouraging advice, this is helpful. If I did need more density, would you think it would be in the 300-500 graft range or 1,000+? I know that’s an unfair question, but appreciate any insight. 

Its hard to say as ultimately it'll come down to what your happy with, people as bald as I was would more than likely be happy, but when you have as much hair to play with as you I have seen people on the forum get mega dense hairlines done, so just see how you feel mid next year when its growing in. Regardless if its 500-1000 its not a big surgery in the right hands

• Thanks 1