Absolute Hair Clinic or Eugenix

Hi, I am about to go for it and have narrowed down to two clinics. Absolute or Eugenix are my final two and I cannot decide! I am a NW4/5 and need both crown and front worked on and have read that possibly Eugenix for higher NW's but having seen some of the Absolute Hair clinic results they are really knocking out some great work at the moment.

I would love to hear from any seasoned guys who can help me decide? 

Many thanks

22 hours ago, jjalay said:

Personally i would go with dr. Laorwong. He is more consistent with great results and you know that you will have his full attention.

As a Dr Laorwong patient myself, this ^. Eugenix is a tech-led clinic and they have multiple patients a day, so you don’t quite know if you get the due care and attention in the planning without being rushed as quite a few have reported here.

To try to offer a little balance here.

Eugenix have delivered some excellent results, many of which can be found on this forum.

I'm yet to see many, if any procedures where they have achieved poor yield.

While absolute are undoubtedly delivering some great results there are fewer examples on the forum, they are becoming the forum darling (with good reason) but we've seen other clinics suffer when faced with huge demand.

The comments about Eugenix planning are valid. However, I think they're related to very difficult cases (NW6 and 7) and where they have tried to deliver what the patient asked for, and those asks were very ambitious. If they have a fault that is it - taking cases they perhaps should not.

If your case, at a NW4 or 5 it's unlikely you will encounter that.

I caveat all that by saying both have shown to be extremely capable, so you have already done good work in your selection process.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

18 minutes ago, streethawk said:

As a Dr Laorwong patient myself, this ^. Eugenix is a tech-led clinic and they have multiple patients a day, so you don’t quite know if you get the due care and attention in the planning without being rushed as quite a few have reported here.

How's it going SH? We were operated on at the same time and hope you're starting to see good growth as you approach month 5 in the next few weeks 🙂

21 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Eugenix have delivered some excellent results, many of which can be found on this forum.

While absolute are undoubtedly delivering some great results there are fewer examples on the forum, they are becoming the forum darling (with good reason) but we've seen other clinics suffer when faced with huge demand.

The comments about Eugenix planning are valid. However, I think they're related to very difficult cases (NW6 and 7) and where they have tried to deliver what the patient asked for, and those asks were very ambitious. If they have a fault that is it - taking cases they perhaps should not.

I caveat all that by saying both have shown to be extremely capable, so you have already done good work in your selection process.

Yes also valid points raised here. On balance, Eugenix have a track record of some great results no doubt, and indeed a lot of the issues were cases were  just too ambitious, but others were obviously botched, such as a NW2 hairline on one side that should have been a foregone conclusion. No doubt some of their techs are excellent and it would be unfair to compare them to hair mill in Turkey, which was not my intention.

I consulted with Eugenix last year and wasn’t keen on the vibe without going into too much detail. I am speaking from my own perspective and so I just didn’t feel it was the right clinic for me.

Thus, to clarify, overall they do produce consistently good results however the high volume of patients presented a risk variable that was too high for me, andcompared with Dr Laorwong with one patient a day and full involvement in the surgery it was the most preferable choice for me.

36 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

How's it going SH? We were operated on at the same time and hope you're starting to see good growth as you approach month 5 in the next few weeks 🙂

Not too bad here thanks Brink- yourself?  started a new job which took my mind off looking in the mirror and the growth started about week 10, so perhaps the PRP had something to do with that. The density is quite good , and the temple points have filled in one side more compared to another. I just updated my thread so can take a glance sometime.

How about you? Did a bit of reading on your surgeon seems very good indeed.

All good, thanks. Good to see you're not obsessing about the growth. Checked you thread and it's coming in nicely! Uneven growth is common and will sort itself out I'm sure.

I had similar growth - hairline is looking stronger and crown starting to fill in now

Hopefully we are both set for a strong next month!

Screenshot_2023-11-19-11-47-29-896-edit_com.google.android_apps.photos.jpg.83e03ca083b12f73ecb10a7bf063ae07.jpg

6 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

All good, thanks. Good to see you're not obsessing about the growth. Checked you thread and it's coming in nicely! Uneven growth is common and will sort itself out I'm sure.

I had similar growth - hairline is looking stronger and crown starting to fill in now

Hopefully we are both set for a strong next month!

Screenshot_2023-11-19-11-47-29-896-edit_com.google.android_apps.photos.jpg.83e03ca083b12f73ecb10a7bf063ae07.jpg

Yeah fingers crossed 🤞 an all that 😁. Hairline looks strong indeed. Naturally I will be going for a follow-up op for the crown next year.  How long before you started seeing growth with that?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Good post. Ultimately, look at surgeons, not clinics. People reference my case. I went to Dr. Sethi, not just Eugenix. When you choose a clinic, look at the surgeon’s results. Ultimately, their results are what matter. There was one result that was very critical of his work, but the patient’s result’s turned out very good. 

So instead of Laorwong vs. Eugenix, name the surgeon. Laorwong vs. Das? Laorwong vs. Bansal. That’s going to help immensely differentiate.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:15 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

Good post. Ultimately, look at surgeons, not clinics. People reference my case. I went to Dr. Sethi, not just Eugenix. When you choose a clinic, look at the surgeon’s results. Ultimately, their results are what matter. There was one result that was very critical of his work, but the patient’s result’s turned out very good. 

So instead of Laorwong vs. Eugenix, name the surgeon. Laorwong vs. Das? Laorwong vs. Bansal. That’s going to help immensely differentiate.

Is Laorwong now considered to be an elite surgeon? 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

I would say he’s so, he’s been providing some excellent results. I think absolute hair clinic in general have been hitting home runs.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Yes , Dr laorwong has made me 10 years younger! Even today I had a really nice compliment from a stranger that could not believe I was 41 years old! I thank Dr laorwong for that 🤪