Finding Hair Transplant Doctors - Bangalore, India

Hello everyone!

I am Indian, Male, Late 20s, Norwood Pattern 3, some thinning on mid scalp too. Taking Topical Minoxidil for more than a year.

I have decided to get a hair transplant done. I am researching doctors, I would like to know your opinions too.

I had already done some research on doctors prior to stumbling upon this forum, this is what I have.

1. Cutis (Dr. Madhura C):
Got to know this through word of mouth from someone who just took medication for their hair loss. Though I did not meet Dr. Madhura, I met another doctor who said I might need 2300 grafts. Cost was slightly higher than what I expected and though they assured me that Dr. Madhura will perform the surgery after consultation. They were professional in conduct and did help keep my expectations in check. However, there they only showed me 3-4 cases so I was not confident to take the plunge.

2. Skinologixs (Dr. Dhruva Kumar B R):
I met Dr. Dhruva Kumar. He suggested 5000 grafts at a very affordable price. But it was pretty clear that he was basically reading a script and "convincing" me to a get a hair transplant done with lofty claims, even though I was already convinced to get a HT done before entering his clinic. Avoid at all cost.

3. Pioneer (Dr. Sreedhar Pothula): 
I have seen him mentioned a few times in this forum, but on very old posts. I did not meet Dr. Pothula, but another doctor suggested 3000-3500 grafts and I might need a second hair transplant if mid scalp gets worse over time. They are extremely active on YouTube posting a new video almost every day. The results look great to my eyes, but would like to know your opinions too.

I have also looked at the following clinics online.
DHI India: 
Very pluggy hairlines. No idea on who is doing the HT. Skipped.

Dr. Venkataram Mysore:
He seems to be very conservative on grafts used. Grafts are placed quite spaced out. Hence Skipped.

I am planning to look at:
Dr. Kapil Dua/Dr. Aman 
There seems to be a thread for them here, though its from 2015:

I know a lot of folks recommend Eugenix here. But I am not sure. Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal are priced way out of my budget and they only seem to cater to Celebrities and special cases based on what I've read. I am not sure how the other doctors are. They are also marketing themselves extensively, so I am unsure if the commercialization has affected their work. Plus the fact that I need to travel to New Delhi to get it done. I don't mind travelling but I do seem to prefer Dr. Pothula for now based on the results showcased. However, of late, Dr. Pothula has also started aggressively promoting themselves on YouTube.

What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

You should have a look at dr laorwong in thailand, he is producing some top notch results. In your case i would avoid india.

Thanks but I am from Bangalore, India, which is why I am looking at Indian clinics. May I know why Indian clinics are to be avoided?

Dr. Laorwong does seem to produce good results, but international travel is not my preference at the moment unless I've got no other option.

There are not many doctors in India that are experienced and familiar with how a good hairtransplant should look like. I have seen some disastrous results coming from doctors in india with poor growth, totally unnatural looking hairline and donor area depletion. Dont chooce a doctor based on the cost of the hairtransplant. If you are only considering india save up a little more and go with dr. sethi or dr. bansai. Another good option is dr. soni also.

4 hours ago, abcde said:

Hello everyone!

I am Indian, Male, Late 20s, Norwood Pattern 3, some thinning on mid scalp too. Taking Topical Minoxidil for more than a year.

I have decided to get a hair transplant done. I am researching doctors, I would like to know your opinions too.

I had already done some research on doctors prior to stumbling upon this forum, this is what I have.

1. Cutis (Dr. Madhura C):
Got to know this through word of mouth from someone who just took medication for their hair loss. Though I did not meet Dr. Madhura, I met another doctor who said I might need 2300 grafts. Cost was slightly higher than what I expected and though they assured me that Dr. Madhura will perform the surgery after consultation. They were professional in conduct and did help keep my expectations in check. However, there they only showed me 3-4 cases so I was not confident to take the plunge.

2. Skinologixs (Dr. Dhruva Kumar B R):
I met Dr. Dhruva Kumar. He suggested 5000 grafts at a very affordable price. But it was pretty clear that he was basically reading a script and "convincing" me to a get a hair transplant done with lofty claims, even though I was already convinced to get a HT done before entering his clinic. Avoid at all cost.

3. Pioneer (Dr. Sreedhar Pothula): 
I have seen him mentioned a few times in this forum, but on very old posts. I did not meet Dr. Pothula, but another doctor suggested 3000-3500 grafts and I might need a second hair transplant if mid scalp gets worse over time. They are extremely active on YouTube posting a new video almost every day. The results look great to my eyes, but would like to know your opinions too.

I have also looked at the following clinics online.
DHI India: 
Very pluggy hairlines. No idea on who is doing the HT. Skipped.

Dr. Venkataram Mysore:
He seems to be very conservative on grafts used. Grafts are placed quite spaced out. Hence Skipped.

I am planning to look at:
Dr. Kapil Dua/Dr. Aman 
There seems to be a thread for them here, though its from 2015:

I know a lot of folks recommend Eugenix here. But I am not sure. Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal are priced way out of my budget and they only seem to cater to Celebrities and special cases based on what I've read. I am not sure how the other doctors are. They are also marketing themselves extensively, so I am unsure if the commercialization has affected their work. Plus the fact that I need to travel to New Delhi to get it done. I don't mind travelling but I do seem to prefer Dr. Pothula for now based on the results showcased. However, of late, Dr. Pothula has also started aggressively promoting themselves on YouTube.

What are your thoughts?

So far I had two HT procedures in India. Also had a consultation with two other Indian HT surgeons.  The first procedure was such a mess that I had to do a repair procedure with another clinic which was Eugenix. My personal opinion is that In India, not every clinic has the potential to produce consistent result. But Eugenix is quite opposite. It was one of the reasons for choosing. I myself opted for one of the lowest packages. But result is coming quite Satisfactory. All the doctors are equally qualified, no matter which package you select  you're good to go. 

• Valued Contributor

Nobody will have heard of this obscure list of Doctors in India and will therefore be unable to recommend any of them. 

We know that Eugenix’s lower tier options (Dr Das, Somesh etc) produce good results. They’re a pretty safe bet at a lower price point and if you’re a fairly straightforward NW3 case then they’ll likely knock it out the park for you. 

As for having to travel to New Delhi from Bangalore… People travel from all over the world to go to Eugenix. The idea that travel within India would be prohibitive for you is shortsighted. If you want good results from a HT surgery then you’re going to need to travel in most cases. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, 
I consulted Dr Madura (from Cutis) and she seemed knowledgeable and professional in conduct, compared to 4-5 other doctors I've met.
I'm looking for a transplant myself, if you've had it done, please share your reviews. Thanks.