When booking abroad, Is it useful to give details from a consultation sone in the UK, to the your foreign doctor?

Hi guys…. Just wondering if this is the done thing? If you had a UK consultation  a few weeks back, but decided to go with a clinic abroad, is it a good idea to tell the clinic abroad about what was discussed at that consultation? Hair calibre, required grafts etc….

just a hypothetical! 
face to face consults are ideal, but if you can’t meet your surgeon untill the day of the op, maybe it’s a good idea to share the info?

11 minutes ago, Silent123 said:

It depends who you have consulted with and which surgeon you are heading to. Which clinic have you decided on going with and who have you consulted with in the UK? 

It really is a hypothetical…. When I was thinking of going abroad, I had this nag in the back of my head saying, “what if I travel there and they can’t do the op… what if I’m loosing more hair than I think” etc…. The problem with going abroad is that you can’t realistically have an in person consult, before hand. 

just wondering really! 

• Valued Contributor

It never hurts to have more information to hand, though any info you do have and can share from a previous consultation is only really as good as the clinic you went to for the consultation and the clinic receiving the info. As long as both clinics/Doctors are good, I'd say it's a perfectly good approach.