4 week update.

Woody1

14 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Who was your doctor?

Dr in Istanbul, well his technicians. If I put the name of the Doctor admin has to approve the post/reply as he is being moderated at the moment but it starts with a C and ends in a K if you can work that out. 

15 minutes ago, manutd4545 said:

Assuming I know the doctor, how involved was he? did he make the incisions? I am guessing he did not do any of the extractions? Not that it is an issue, Dr Feriduni who did my first two ops had techs extract the majority of the grafts. Are you on meds?

Hi, he created the hair line and that was his only involvement, I think it was his sister who is a nurse did the incisions, I must admit I would rather the dr had more involvement but the experience was genuinely a positive one, the technicians were attentive and professional. I am on Finastaride and have been for about 18 months, I was on topical minoxidil, stopped week before op and haven’t restarted, thinking about starting oral minoxidil but the side effects worry more than what Finasterides are. 

Wee, now its just the waiting game for you and you have to be patience. The clinic you went is definitely not the bost choice you could make. You had good hair before the surgery, so why did they used so many grafts? And the hairline lowering is WAY too aggressive for you, was it your choice to lower the hairline that much?

21 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Wee, now its just the waiting game for you and you have to be patience. The clinic you went is definitely not the bost choice you could make. You had good hair before the surgery, so why did they used so many grafts? And the hairline lowering is WAY too aggressive for you, was it your choice to lower the hairline that much?

Hi, so the clinic I used was via an agent in the UK under a different name so didn’t know I was going to that clinic until until I arrived. I was quite surprised by how many grafts were taken because I had a decent amount of hair. In all fairness my hairline hasn’t been lowered he followed the hairline but where the temple has been filled In is probably a little lower than I would have liked as I am 44 and don’t want a 20 year olds hair style. Let’s see how we get on and I will post updates each month. Thanks for replying. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jjalay said:

IMG_0774.thumb.png.b6ea5fdd285573bfcffce5d1f47ed7a0.png@jjalay this is pre op for reference 

• Valued Contributor
16 hours ago, Woody1 said:

...so didn’t know I was going to that clinic until until I arrived.

Please don't take this as criticism - you booked through an agent in good faith and ended up where you ended up.

But this has to be a warning for anyone who comes across this thread. It's simply not acceptable to not know exactly which clinic you're going to when booking through a third party as prospective patients need to be able to research the clinic they will end up at and know who will be doing a surgery on their head. I have to admit I've never heard anyone say they didn't know which clinic they were going to when making a booking, let alone when arriving there... and in another country! I'd assumed third party intermediates would tell people this as standard so I am genuinely amazed that this is a thing. And to be clear, I wouldn't find this an acceptable situation even if someone ended up in Dr Zarev or Dr Pradeep's office either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

Please don't take this as criticism - you booked through an agent in good faith and ended up where you ended up.

But this has to be a warning for anyone who comes across this thread. It's simply not acceptable to not know exactly which clinic you're going to when booking through a third party as prospective patients need to be able to research the clinic they will end up at and know who will be doing a surgery on their head. I have to admit I've never heard anyone say they didn't know which clinic they were going to when making a booking, let alone when arriving there... and in another country! I'd assumed third party intermediates would tell people this as standard so I am genuinely amazed that this is a thing. And to be clear, I wouldn't find this an acceptable situation even if someone ended up in Dr Zarev or Dr Pradeep's office either.

100% agree with you, the third party agent was brilliant btw and I thought I did loads of research and I was recommended the agent via a friends partner and their hairline looks magnificent! So I had a consultation in the UK with the agent (didn’t know he was an agent really thought he was an employee under the company name which is registered at the most prestigious medical place in London) got very excited and paid my deposit. I followed this up by visiting their website and seeing their results and I was impressed! They even have vlogs of people praising how good the procedure is but no mention that it’s dr C that carries out the procedure. Look it’s a hard lesson to Learn but so far I am satisfied with the results albeit more grafts than anticipated. I will post update results as the months pass…… appreciate I’ve had comment about my hairline being aggressive but the picture angle isn’t the greatest happy to post further pics if anyone is interested 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 9:17 AM, Berba11 said:

I agree with you on this. Scheduling a surgery and not knowing the doctor before you get there defeats any chance of proper research of that physicians work. I would hope that HRN Admins would look into this so that whoever is doing this has no connection to this forum. That is a very bad practice!

6 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You haven't got any results yet!

Hopefully though you do get good results - definitely keep updating!

7 hours ago, OleBaldy said:

I agree with you on this. Scheduling a surgery and not knowing the doctor before you get there defeats any chance of proper research of that physicians work. I would hope that HRN Admins would look into this so that whoever is doing this has no connection to this forum. That is a very bad practice!

It’s a difficult one for me because I genuinely had a good experience and the agent is in constant contact and provides sound advise, however if I had known I was going to this particular clinic would I have done anything different….. yes absolutely! Am I unhappy with the results so far?… No, I am happy and I am confident I will have dense looking hair in due course, with all that in mind the information provided is misleading, I was under the impression the company had surgeries in the UK and Turkey and the procedure would be conducted by doctors, no mention that they’re a third party and use a hair mill. I am conflicted. Fingers crossed I still get good results.  

• 2 weeks later...