Pics from HT with Dr. Bauman (updated with Dr. Bauman pics)

k10

Originally posted by k10:

The FUE NEOGRAFT is priced a bit differently than a traditional linear harvest mainly because of all the additional benefits such as; no scar,

I love this part. After giving you three separate bad strip scars spaced all the way up your head he has the nerve to say that they had to charge you more for surgery #4 because you got the added benefit of "no scar." I'll say this for him, the guys got balls.

The FUE NEOGRAFT is priced a bit differently than a traditional linear harvest mainly because of all the additional benefits such as; no scar, no down-time, quicker healing process, no stitches to remove, etc. The

I feel compelled to point out that the NeoGraft machine provides no additional benefits than traditional FUE tools, at least in terms of scarring, healing and downtime. The FUE procedure does produce scarring in form of a small whiteish dot wherever a follicular unit has been extracted. These scars are typically easily concealed by the patient's own surrounding natural hair assuming not too many follicular units have been removed from a single area.

The NeoGraft device does not change the heart of the FUE proceduer. However, it may (or may not) make the procedure easier for the physician. But it has no real additional benefit to the patient than an FUE procedure in the hands of a skilled physician using his/her own much cheaper tools. The FUE procedure using NeoGraft probably costs more because the NeoGraft machine itself is highly expensive.

I want to point out that I'm not anti-NeoGraft. But like many other aspects of FUE, I believe the NeoGraft has been overhyped and overpromoted.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea how I missed this post, but if those prices for FUE with Dr. Bauman are accurate, then I'm speechless.

Without making this into another NeoGraft argument, isn't one of it's benefits supposed to be making FUE cheaper? How the hell is BAaman charging $20 per graft for FUE? I just threw up in my mouth thinking about that.

Does Bauman seriously think it's common practice to make 3 strip scars and then fill them in with FUE? Shocking....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com