Nervous about upcoming Transplant

it must be one of the hundreds of pseudo clinics there are in Turkey, I've never heard of it either. In Turkey anyone can start doing transplants, all you need to do is advertise on the web, find photos here and there of transplants by real surgeons and pass them off as your own, rent operating rooms, recruit young interns and that's it.

22 hours ago, Vancouver said:

I've booked in with Medical Park in Turkey, very excited but getting nervous. Does anyone have any bad experiences attending this clinic or heard any bad reviews? I did my research, but now I'm getting naturally antsy about it! Thank you!

What research on this clinic have you done ? 

Listen dude I dont mean to add more worry to you. But getting a transplant I think is a very bad idea. I recently found out that a known celeb had 3 transplants which caused his hair to thin.

This is highly worrisome cuz I'm thinking now of calling off my surgery.

On 11/8/2023 at 11:51 AM, Vancouver said:

I've booked in with Medical Park in Turkey, very excited but getting nervous. Does anyone have any bad experiences attending this clinic or heard any bad reviews? I did my research, but now I'm getting naturally antsy about it! Thank you!

I strongly urge you to cancel it. It sounds like you fell (like many) for the marketing/coms of these places. Go back to square one, investigate the surgeons on this forum and visit their sites and view their educational material. No ethical surgeon will be 'hiding' the Hair Transplant process or use marketing gimmicks e.g. Sapphire DHI.

In years to come you'll be so thankful you played the long game.

• Valued Contributor
On 11/8/2023 at 9:51 AM, Vancouver said:

Listen to your gut on this one. The amount of good/great surgeons in Turkey I could count on one hand. There are over 2,000 hair transplant clinics in Turkey as of now and that figure is growing. Do your research here on real patients results posted by themselves (not pictures from the clinic/hair mill) who have had surgery and look who they chose. The risks are just too high and weekly we see people who have had their donor hair massacred permanently and the only that grew was a 4cm high hairline full of doubles. All the best.

• Valued Contributor

@Vancouver

The following two things works as the pillars for a successful outcome.

1. Thorough Research about Good Doctors - This means that before undergoing a hair transplant, it's crucial to research and find a qualified and experienced doctor or surgeon who specializes in hair transplants. This includes checking their credentials, reading reviews on forums and community like this, looking at lots real long term results.

2. Getting Yourself Educated About The Nuances Of Hair Transplant Surgery - This highlights the significance of understanding the details and intricacies of the hair transplant procedure. This involves learning about the different techniques, potential risks, recovery process, and what to expect before, during, and after the surgery. Being well-informed can help you make informed decisions and be better prepared for the procedure.

And i am sorry to say that you either didn't do this well or you have got it absolutely wrong...so please re consider your decision of moving forward.

I am not fear mongering or trying to raise undue concerns,so please don't get me wrong.

I hope this helps you. Best of luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

9 hours ago, wprevil said:

Listen dude I dont mean to add more worry to you. But getting a transplant I think is a very bad idea. I recently found out that a known celeb had 3 transplants which caused his hair to thin.

This is highly worrisome cuz I'm thinking now of calling off my surgery.

To paraphrase - you saw one case in the public eye and despite knowing nothing about their situatio, concluded all hair transplants fall out, despite being on a hair transplant forum where that clearly is not the case.

23 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

To paraphrase - you saw one case in the public eye and despite knowing nothing about their situatio, concluded all hair transplants fall out, despite being on a hair transplant forum where that clearly is not the case.

Yeah youre right. Its just that I'm going by Perez's yt video. Plus I'm freaking out at the slightest issue which may be a reflection of what could happen to me. I'm just worried about outcome, thats all. Didnt mean to alarm folks.

Youre also right that it was just ONE case. Looks like thats enough to send me over the top.

29 minutes ago, wprevil said:

Yeah youre right. Its just that I'm going by Perez's yt video. Plus I'm freaking out at the slightest issue which may be a reflection of what could happen to me. I'm just worried about outcome, thats all. Didnt mean to alarm folks.

Youre also right that it was just ONE case. Looks like thats enough to send me over the top.

I understand the anxiety, I really do.

However, it’s good to try to stand back and assess the entire pool of information/cases if you can. 

it’d be easy to talk yourself (and anybody else) out of a transplant. It’s really the last option and there’s no denying it does come with risks attached.

In that particular case, it’s probably down to extremely aggressive hair loss with no medical therapy to halt it. Transplanted hair is donor dominant so effectively takes the properties of the donor hairs. If those hairs were due to fall out anyway, then they’ll still do so. Similarly, if surrounding hairs native to the recipient area were due to fall out, they still will, and perhaps give the illusion of transplanted hair falling out.

I just had a transplant in Turkey October 26th. I did a lot of research and found people on this form that had used this doctor. I looked at their results and listen to what they had to say about the experience they had. Everybody’s experiences are generally a little bit different because perception has a lot to do with things. There are some senior members here telling you to take a step back because it appears to be a clinic you have chosen is not a known clinic to them. The one person that told you a hair transplant is a bad idea is totally off base. Shame on them for putting that type of doubt in your head when hair transplants have been successful in many people in fact, most people have very good results. If they do their homework and choose the right clinic. The other reason I chose the doctor I chose was they were recommended on this form under the recommended doctors. This form has been around a long time and has a history of providing great information. I used Dr. Gur and couldn’t be happier with my decision at 13 days post op. I spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, amazed that so many years I had no hair to speak of. I do think you have to step back from a clinic. You do not know much about it. No one here knows much about I think that is sound advice. Use a clinic and a doctor that is recommended and that people here have used and you have a sound background of information, pictures and stories. I will tell you turkey is a wonderful country and the people there treated me extremely well. Search out my story here I gave as detailed description as possible. Good luck to you. If you have any questions and others here are here to help.

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2038.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg

IMG_2992.jpeg

IMG_2996.jpeg