Why don't you request your surgeon to use verteporfin?

In the past few days, we've clearly seen that verteporfin has major upside (significant regrowth and reduced scarring) and no downside. Why are people still considering getting a HT without verteporfin? If you do, you may be scarred forever. I think verteporfin could really take off if people keep mentioning it in their hair transplant consultations and suggesting that they'd only get a transplant if they could use vert. They can connect their doctor to people like Melvin or me (I'm in constant contact with Dr. Bloxham, Dr. Barghouthi, and Dr. Pittella's nurse, sharing with them all the protocol and research we've developed together). Happy to provide my contact info over DM. With verteporfin, anybody could theoretically get to a NW1 without needing to take meds. 

Are you somehow affiliated with the doctors or the company that sells veltepofin? It is still an experimental drug on the early stages of individual testings. Many other drugs like acell for example have claimed to regenerate hair and at the end it was a failure. Until there is a method to prove with no doubt that it works and has a significant impact, and these results can be duplicated from any doctor and not individually, i think its way to soon to say that you can go to a NW1 with veltepofin.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jjalay said:

Are you somehow affiliated with the doctors or the company that sells veltepofin? It is still an experimental drug on the early stages of individual testings. Many other drugs like acell for example have claimed to regenerate hair and at the end it was a failure. Until there is a method to prove with no doubt that it works and has a significant impact, and these results can be duplicated from any doctor and not individually, i think its way to soon to say that you can go to a NW1 with veltepofin.

No, I'm not affiliated with the company that sells verteporfin. I make no money from this. I just want to see more testing done for verteporfin and am dismayed at the lack of progress being made across the world. It is definitely way to soon to say I can go to NW1 with verteporfin, but it is not too soon to say it does something beneficial and has no downside. It has a very favorable risk-reward profile.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fox243 said:

In the past few days, we've clearly seen that verteporfin has major upside (significant regrowth and reduced scarring) and no downside. Why are people still considering getting a HT without verteporfin? If you do, you may be scarred forever. I think verteporfin could really take off if people keep mentioning it in their hair transplant consultations and suggesting that they'd only get a transplant if they could use vert. They can connect their doctor to people like Melvin or me (I'm in constant contact with Dr. Bloxham, Dr. Barghouthi, and Dr. Pittella's nurse, sharing with them all the protocol and research we've developed together). Happy to provide my contact info over DM. With verteporfin, anybody could theoretically get to a NW1 without needing to take meds. 

have you tried contacting the pharmacy company behind verteporfin? maybe CheplapharmArzneimittel GmbH  can found a trial or something?

7 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

have you tried contacting the pharmacy company behind verteporfin? maybe CheplapharmArzneimittel GmbH  can found a trial or something?

They have no incentive as it's off patent. I think HairDAO might end up funding a trial soon anyways though, so I will see.

On 11/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

who is hairDAO?

Not sure if this counts as advertisement, so Melvin can take it down if it is, but here's a blurb I wrote a while ago:

Research for androgenic alopecia receives almost no funding despite extremely high demand from the hair loss patient community. We believe that patients deserve both better solutions and governance of the solutions they fund. HairDAO is a patient-owned, mission-driven organization that has raised $3 million USD whose mission is to solve hair loss. Our members consist of the best hair loss doctors, researchers, and laboratories in the world. Join HairDAO to solve hair loss and be paid for your work. Feel free to DM me if you want the discord link.

Edited by Fox243

• 3 months later...

Revisiting this topic. Two weeks ago The Hair Chemist guy, Killian used 50mg megadose on his older scars. The scars seem to heal differently, but what's more important there were no sides and verteporfin is safe to use even with such high doses.

So why would anyone get hair transplant now without verteporfin, when there is no risk associated with it, but potentially one can benefit from scarless healing and hair regeneration ?