Please Help... I'm Scared. What Do I Do?

• Valued Contributor

You have to ask yourself are you a good candidate? I don't mean with your donor but psychologically. I can't make the decision for you but I believe that if you have doubts about surgery then you should pass. I say this because if you have the surgery and you shock loss is unacceptable to you then what if something else worries you, etc? It could be the speed of growth, the hairline, anything? If you are hyper focused on something that hasn't happened then perhaps pass on surgery. Some people have excellent results and feel unhappy with it. Others have average results and are over the moon. It's something only you will know. But from the level of anxiety about shock loss (which is a normal experience) I don't think you will make a good psychological candidate. That's only my opinion.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

You have to ask yourself are you a good candidate? I don't mean with your donor but psychologically. I can't make the decision for you but I believe that if you have doubts about surgery then you should pass. I say this because if you have the surgery and you shock loss is unacceptable to you then what if something else worries you, etc? It could be the speed of growth, the hairline, anything? If you are hyper focused on something that hasn't happened then perhaps pass on surgery. Some people have excellent results and feel unhappy with it. Others have average results and are over the moon. It's something only you will know. But from the level of anxiety about shock loss (which is a normal experience) I don't think you will make a good psychological candidate. That's only my opinion.

This is great advice!

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Appreciate that Gatsby. The thing is, if I withdraw from surgery, I lose the $7k paid to the clinic. So I'm stuck as mentioned. If shock loss werent a thing I wouldve had this done years ago. So its damned if I do, damned if I dont.

I dont mean to force an answer out of you for me. Just nervous about outcome which you explained everyone normally feels.

Appreciate again your response.

Edited by wprevil

13 hours ago, wprevil said:

Appreciate that Gatsby. The thing is, if I withdraw from surgery, I lose the $7k paid to the clinic. So I'm stuck as mentioned. If shock loss werent a thing I wouldve had this done years ago. So its damned if I do, damned if I dont.

I dont mean to force an answer out of you for me. Just nervous about outcome which you explained everyone normally feels.

Appreciate again your response.

As someone who underwent surgery just over 5 months ago, I can offer you my advice:
If you do plan to go through with the surgery, make sure you UNDERSTAND and are PREPARED for the process. I went through hundreds of results on this forum so I knew there was a chance of shock loss, slow growing, undesired results, etc. I also knew there was a very high chance I would be happy with everything at the end of the road if I chose a great doctor. 
The first few months did not look great, but I trusted the process and made sure not to worry about something that's out of my control. After only 5 months, I'm already extremely happy with my results. Do you think you're capable of just trusting the process and not worrying all the time? If the answer is no, then I would suggest not going through with it. Stress could also have a negative effect on results.
Best of luck with whatever you decide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrmajified said:

If you do plan to go through with the surgery, make sure you UNDERSTAND and are PREPARED for the process. I went through hundreds of results on this forum so I knew there was a chance of shock loss, slow growing, undesired results, etc. I also knew there was a very high chance I would be happy with everything at the end of the road if I chose a great doctor. 
The first few months did not look great, but I trusted the process and made sure not to worry about something that's out of my control. After only 5 months, I'm already extremely happy with my results.

Yes, the process is slow. A lot of guys here, based on what I've read, report growth enough to celebrate by month 5 postop.

Do you think you're capable of just trusting the process and not worrying all the time? If the answer is no, then I would suggest not going through with it.

I have to say no. But I'll still go through with it given Couto's assurance of reducing shock loss through PRP and distancing the grafts from native follicles.

Stress could also have a negative effect on results.

Yes it could as Couto indicated over the phone as he advised against it by refraining from ANY talk, article, online, etc upon the subject of transplantation. That entails being very mentally strong, highly positive and consistently disciplined. That in itself is a challenge I admit.

Edited by wprevil