Does anyone know if this is a destroyed graft or normal shedding?

I have had my HT 6 days ago and while washing my head gently on the 6th day as recommended by the doctor, that one fell. There was no redness or swelling or bleeding. I understand that the scabs may fall attached to the hair, but this one looks weird. I have attached two types of hairs that i managed to capture.

The one that does look weird to me is the one with two black bulbs attached to it and i am not sure if what surrounds it is dried fat or scab/crust, and another one with what seems to be a scab around it. Please advise

IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2776.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

IMG_2716.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

28 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Just a hair and a scab. Nothing to worry about.

Some people are saying this is a graft that did not take. But i am confused as to how it could simply stay there for 6 days without falling. Could you please advise?

Not all grafts will survive. However, they're not usually dislodged. When that happens 99 percent of the time you'll bleed from the incision. 

Try not to worry about it. I'd say that it's most likely to be just hair and scab tissue ground around the incision. 

Worst case, it's one graft and it'll make absolutely no difference to your outcome.

I agree that not all grafts will survive. I was okay till all of the grafts fell so far have the same bulb structure and that layer surrounding them. I hope it is just sebum and it’s a shed graft. I was hoping to find a decisive difference between a shed graft with sebum/crust/scabs and a destroyed graft. 

• Administrators

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Zyad said:

The majority of the shedded hair look like

the one in the video. I just want to know if they take a certain form. Could you advise?

It’s normal. Those are dead hair shafts. The grafts are anchored below your skin. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.