Would you choose full extraction and no involvement in implantation or rather crucial extraction and crucial implantation?

Hey guys, just wondering , if you had the possibility to choose between a leading surgeon being involved in either one of these two options , which one would you choose 

option A) 100% extraction performed by leading surgeon, but no involvement in implantation (performed by his technicians) 

option B) crucial extraction and crucial implantation by leading surgeon (rest of extraction and rest of implantation performed by his technicians)  

Edited by Aussie T

Sorry to give a cop out answer but for me it depends hugely with on how good are the technitions we’re talking about here. E.g a contractor who travel job to job not just for hair transplants vs one who might have worked closely with the surgeon for 10+ years

I say with with personal experience from both a very incompetent surgeon, and expert level technitions.

( not the same place)

Edited by BurnieBurns

• Valued Contributor

@Aussie T you will find that a surgeon's results are only as good as the team and a good team is vital. An elite surgeon will have a team that has been with him/her for a long time. If the surgery is FUE and its the DHT method like Eugenix, then the surgeon scoring the incisions is the most important part of the procedure. This is what directs the angle and direction of the graft to grow out of. I can assure you that the techs at Eugenix are second to none in terms of experience and time on tissue when it comes to extractions and implantation. It's like watching a well oiled machine. All the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussie T said:

I see. So you think that implantation is a more important part of the surgery than extraction? 

I don’t. I think they’re both skilled tasks. 
However, there are parts of both that benefit from more experience such as the first few punches to establish the properties of an individuals skin and selection of specific grafts (for the hairline, temporal peaks etc). Similarly, i would say that implanting the hairline is the most visible and therefore critical part.

• Like 1

I see but think about it this way , see if I’m going wrong anywhere. 

if it’s DHT and I went for option A) 100% extraction performed by leading surgeon, but no involvement in implantation (performed by his technicians) then the leading surgeon would have to be there for the whole duration of the procedure because the hair is transplanted as it is extracted 

However going for option B) crucial extraction and crucial implantation by leading surgeon (rest of extraction and rest of implantation performed by his technicians)  then the leading surgeon could be there for the beginning of the procedure and then just leave and let the technicians do all the work 

So I thought that option A would be better. Am I getting anything wrong here or am I not making any sense? 

The crucial parts . If you want a straightforward answer. As a surgeon myself, I understand the importance of precision, especially during hair follicle extraction. Initially, when the extractions are relatively straightforward and don't require close proximity, the process may seem easy. However, as you accumulate more extractions and have to work in proximity to existing scars, the value of a surgeon's 'surgical touch' becomes evident. This skill is honed through close patient follow-up. When it comes to implanting the hairline, it's crucial to recognize the difference in risk between a technician and a surgeon."