Donor Recovery

As per my experience post I had surgery 3 weeks today for 4500 grafts, I'm just hoping someone may be able to give me a better idea on donor recovery. My Donor is still quite tender particularly when sleeping and has developed what appears to be patches. I'm hoping its shock loss but would welcome if anyone can share any insights on this please. 

image.jpeg.062932ca07103aec9ffbe91db6519a9b.jpeg

image.jpeg.bfa6961370d5e818b0b624fa51d678b2.jpeg

With pictures only before op nowone can tell. You have to post some pictures of your donor area before surgery and immidiately after surgery. Also its important to know the clinic who operated on you.

Thanks @Jackdaniels and @jjalay I don't think for a second it's an issue with the surgery as it was Dr Yaman, I'me just more interested if its an after effect of the anaesthesia due to the patching, like you said I'm hoping the tenderness calms down over the next few weeks and then just a case of waiting for the area to recover. 

Always had a pretty good donor area even I 've tended to keep it quite long I've popped my pre consult photo below and the ones next are on day 3 post surgery

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The only thing you can do right now is only wait ant try not to stress about it. Your donor looks great and it can take up to 4500 grafts. After the 6 months mark you will be able to tell for sure that this is schock loss. If you dont have any redness in the donor area you can also start using minoxidil topical in the donor area and msm tablets to promote faster growth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RobsHair16 said:

As per my experience post I had surgery 3 weeks today for 4500 grafts, I'm just hoping someone may be able to give me a better idea on donor recovery. My Donor is still quite tender particularly when sleeping and has developed what appears to be patches. I'm hoping its shock loss but would welcome if anyone can share any insights on this please. 

You need to give it some time for the recovery. My donor was over harvested in my first procedure. In my second procedure which was a repair one After the procedure Dr. Instructed me to start oral minoxidil. From the last 3.5 months I'm on it. Without any doubts, improved my donor. Before starting have a conversation with your doctor

• Thanks 1

I’m 5 weeks and my donor is still a little tender and I have patchy looking shock loss. I think it just takes time completely heal. The nerves were also affected which seems to cause sensitivity.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, RobsHair16 said:

Thanks for sharing this story with us. I want to read here about an essay writer because I have a lot of essay assignments and I can't manage to complete all of those assignments on time and that is why I need a help from professional essay writer. I am also thinking about it and that is why I am searching for the information online.

Any update?

Just by means of an update, I will provide more detail as part of my wider transplant review once I reach the 2 -3 month point but in summary, there has been some big improvements, the tenderness is near but all gone and is localised to a few areas (one of which is the area that is visibly patchy). The back looks much better and for the 6-7 week point I feel relatively okay that it will only continue to improve. Photos below;

image.jpeg.2caf9e8c32e77810b2f69288ba7dbf9c.jpeg

image.jpeg.025605c94f93d20643c3a09ad3e021a6.jpeg