Fut scar

Lothariolex

I recently had an fut/scar revision surgery done with Hasson and Wong in Vancouver. 

I'm nearly a month out from the surgery date. I have serious concerns about my scar. Without thinking, I accidentally lifted something heavy for about 5 seconds. I'm an idiot. It looks as though it has caused major stretching. I must not have good laxity (I was told I had good laxity by doc) because even when googling stretched scars, few seem to be as easily stretched as mine. 

Last time I had a fut, I believe I started exercising too early (about a month out), causing stretching, but that was with heavy weight consistently. This was one instance of lifting something heavy, and it seems it was quite costly :(.

Anyways, as usual, I am stressed and depressed regarding my scar and hair. I will post a few pictures. Please let me know if you think this may improve over time. Of course, any HONEST feedback is appreciated. Looking for tips and suggestions for the future as well. Wondering if anyone has dealt with something similar. 

Thanks all. 

20231027_013113.jpg

20231027_011451.jpg

20231027_011205.jpg

20231027_003750.jpg

20231027_004825.jpg

It is 1 months after the surgery and you still have redness at the scar. Its really to soon to make any judgment. You should wait at least 3 months to see how it looks. 5 seconds heavy lifting cannot affect your scar.

20231106_152451.thumb.jpg.f6a319b9581989983dee80ad05ce3f92.jpgMy scar is now even wider, and I haven't even started exercising yet. I nervous once I start lifting again in a few months it will stretch even more. I believe i was led astray as to how much laxity I have. I have seen people try smp and grafts into scar, but it never really seems to work that well. Any advice? So far both surgeries I have had have been upsetting experiences in one way or another. Hoping the results will look good in recipient area, at least. I have another surgery booked for a year from now to cover crown and repair scar. 

Again, I am not sure why the picture is attaching upside down.. 

Edited by Lothariolex
Picture keeps posting upside down

It's typically suggested you wait 6 months before you start weightlifting that affects the neck.  No shoulder shrugs, no squats.  You can do push-ups, leg presses, etc.  You then did a revision.  And each time you do this, less elasticity. 

How you heal is mostly a function of wound healing.  The doctor will do all he can to keep it to a minimum, (deep suture, continuous, interrupted).  The concern, if the scar widened the first time, and you had nothing to do with it, it's likely it'll happen again.  The first thing I would do is have the doctor check how loose your scalp is.  I would then get an orthopedic pillow that conforms to your neck.  Even the pulling of the neck when you seep on your side, can have an effect on the wound margins.  

Ultimately, if there's no elasticity left or you decide not to move fwd, you could do FUE and put FUE grafts on the scar.  You can also SMP.  

You seem to be thinning in the donor. Was there shock loss involved?  Did the doctor make reference to this?  

What are you doing to mitigate the progressive nature of this condition?

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

@LaserCaps

I'm definitely dealing with shock loss right now. I may or may not have stretched the scar by lifting something heavy recently, I don't know... Are there not exercises I can do to increase laxity? I do feel as though it mostly stretched during sleep. 

Currently I'm on topical minoxidil mixed with 0.1% finasteride. It seems to help, somewhat. I will be starting topical dutasteride soon. 

Shock loss aside, I feel as though I don't have an excess of donor hair. I'm looking into beard hair fue into donor scar. All of this is for the road. I will wait for this HT to kick in and go from there. I'm only 5 weeks out from surgery. I will wait and see..