redness in the donor area 2 years after HT

So I had a hair transplant almost a year and a half/2 years ago. And since I haven't shaved my donor area after the hair transplant, I haven't been able to a have a good view of the skin underneath the hair. However, while brushing my hair today, I was able to spot a huge area of red, irritated skin on the back of my head from where most of the follicles were taken. 

I don't believe it's normal to have red skin on the donor area that long after the operation. What kind of skin condition do you guys think it is ? Could it be skin inflammation ?

The problem is that I'm having a second transplant in 2024, and i'm afraid that the docotor won't go ahead with the operation if this condition persists ...

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

Edited by Eli_Avdikian

@Eli_Avdikian,

Has your donor area been red this entire time or did it only just start becoming red again as if something started to aggravate it after all this time?  It seems unlikely that your donor area would have been red for this entire duration. As a result, I suggest seeing a dermatologist to see what they have to say about it. You may also want to speak to your hair transplant surgeon, especially if you are experiencing extremely elongated postoperative redness.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplanxhb

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I can't tell for sure. As I said I haven't shaved my head since the operation, so it wouldn't have been visible anyway had I not brushed my hair under harsh light like that. Although I do have to say that It looks like one big patch at the top of the donor area only. In all fairness, the lower area had a normal color the last time I had a low fade done at the barber.