Hair Transplant Advice for a 27 year old

I have been looking for a solution for my hair thinning and i've not been able to have adequate answers from literally anywhere.

This is what i've done so far:

1. Went with natural solutions i could find in Toronto to increase the thickness of my hair. But none of them offer satisfactory results, they just help me keep my current hair strong-ish

2. Tried to inquire with different hair transplant doctors in different parts of the world:

- Talked to HLC Ankara - they mentioned i should consider getting Finasteride or some of these first then consider a hair transplant. First of all, am not okay with the side effects at all, and secondly am looking for a more permanent solution. I've heard that Finasteride is something you gotta take your whole life, i'd rather not do that and have the side effects my whole life.

- Talked to AP (A's Clinic Delhi) - But some of the google reviews on his clinic deterred me from thinking about it, where cleanliness was a concern and post op care was really questionable

- Talked to Rahal Hair Tranplant Clinic - the price is definitely on the higher side with them. But i wouldn't mind paying for it, since they guarantee if your hair is not natural, we will help you get the natural look. However, their response rate is really slow. Anyone who has worked with them please tell me do you think its something i should go for

- Talked to Hasson and Wong - mentioned to use topical finasteride for 8 months then come back and consult if situation doesn't change. Again am not sure about the side effects still

Am okay with travelling anywhere in the world as long as i get satisfactory results. But i currently live in Canada, and anywhere here works for me

Current condition:

I have thinning on my frontal area but my donor area is really thick. Am between Norwood 2 and 3.

Please advise. Thanks

You've not provided much information about your situation for anyone here to help. Can you include some good, clear photos with adequate lighting and explain your goals in more detail?

30 minutes ago, hairconcerns101 said:

Talked to Rahal Hair Tranplant Clinic - the price is definitely on the higher side with them. But i wouldn't mind paying for it, since they guarantee if your hair is not natural, we will help you get the natural look. However, their response rate is really slow. Anyone who has worked with them please tell me do you think its something i should go for

I had a great experience with Dr. Rahal and his clinic in Toronto about 3 months ago. Communication has always been good and the procedure itself went well. They provided clear post-op instructions and everything I needed for the first few weeks of recovery, and have been following up with me regularly to see how things are progressing.

I try not to vouch for clinics I've not personally been to, so I can't speak for the others, but I know Hasson & Wong are very popular as well.

• Like 1

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000FU, Summer 2023

• Moderators

You didn't post any pictures, but it sounds like your hair loss isn't too bad. If that's the case then you really should think more about trying Finasteride. If you get side effects then you can stop, but if it works for you without any issues then it's better than having surgery.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

the thing is if you are 27 and norwood 2 you are most likely to lose more hair without medical intervention, possible till norwood 7 even. that depends on your family history…arr you sure you have absolute zero family members who receeded beyond your current status?

so imagine you get a hairtransplant now and after a year once it grew in you all of a sudden discover huge gap between transplanted hair and native hair because you kept on losing hair - do you know how weird that will look like? you can get a 2nd procedure ofc and maybe even a 3rd one until you run out of donor eventually but you wont get the time back..thats years wasted where you look weird. if you already bothered by a norwood 2/3 hairline imagine how bothered you will be with a noticable gap in your hair?

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 1

Apologies, I did add the picture but for some reason it didn't show up. But here you go! My dad has a similar hair loss pattern and his hair loss has stopped at around norwood 7 and his side hair and back hair is still very full. Just the areas that i have thinning he has lost all his current hair

cropped.jpg

Edited by hairconcerns101

• Moderators

OK. Looking at the picture I would classify this between a NW 4 and NW 5. You do have some hair growing throughout the area, so you could still improve that with meds. A hair transplant, while it will give some improvement, it won't solve your problems long term. You'd still be losing all of the native hair and require additional hair transplants over time. If you can stop the hair loss then you can get away with less surgery.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

Hair transplantation is a huge commitment over the lifespan. It's a personal choice but taking finasteride and/or minoxidil is just an extension of that commitment. It can mean the difference between saving a lot of grafts and money. I understand that you are reluctant to take meds. My philosophy is to give them a fair trial and 'if' you do develop side effects then cease taking them. All the best.

7 hours ago, hairconcerns101 said:

I have been looking for a solution for my hair thinning and i've not been able to have adequate answers from literally anywhere.

This is what i've done so far:

1. Went with natural solutions i could find in Toronto to increase the thickness of my hair. But none of them offer satisfactory results, they just help me keep my current hair strong-ish

2. Tried to inquire with different hair transplant doctors in different parts of the world:

- Talked to HLC Ankara - they mentioned i should consider getting Finasteride or some of these first then consider a hair transplant. First of all, am not okay with the side effects at all, and secondly am looking for a more permanent solution. I've heard that Finasteride is something you gotta take your whole life, i'd rather not do that and have the side effects my whole life.

- Talked to AP (A's Clinic Delhi) - But some of the google reviews on his clinic deterred me from thinking about it, where cleanliness was a concern and post op care was really questionable

- Talked to Rahal Hair Tranplant Clinic - the price is definitely on the higher side with them. But i wouldn't mind paying for it, since they guarantee if your hair is not natural, we will help you get the natural look. However, their response rate is really slow. Anyone who has worked with them please tell me do you think its something i should go for

- Talked to Hasson and Wong - mentioned to use topical finasteride for 8 months then come back and consult if situation doesn't change. Again am not sure about the side effects still

Am okay with travelling anywhere in the world as long as i get satisfactory results. But i currently live in Canada, and anywhere here works for me

Current condition:

I have thinning on my frontal area but my donor area is really thick. Am between Norwood 2 and 3.

Please advise. Thanks

Hasson and Wong are one of the best clinics in the world right now. Listen to their advice and get on medication.

• Like 1