scar iritation

hi all,

how long is it common for a scar to be irritable after ht, if at all. im 2 and 1/2 post op and im finding it still iritates me, especially after showering. when do u think it will subside?

hi all,

how long is it common for a scar to be irritable after ht, if at all. im 2 and 1/2 post op and im finding it still iritates me, especially after showering. when do u think it will subside?

dink,

It is normal to still feel small pains every once in a while at that point, but if you are experiencing real discomfort then maybe you should give your physician a call.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

thanks robert,

its good to know its a normal occurance at my stage of post op. The discomfort isnt too severe, i assume it is still in the process of healing at this stage. Thanks again.

Everyone is different and the more HT you have the more time is required. If I remembered on my first HT, it took about 6 months for the scar to feel normal, and about 12 months for 100% of my feeling to come back to my scalp. It really various by how fast you heal and how fast the nerves regenerate in the scalp.

Use Mecaderma which helps the healing as well as MSM daily which helps skin as well as your hair FUs.

Give it another couple of months and you will be fine.

Good question. I am just over 3 months post-op and I still feel SOMETHING there. Its not pain, I would barely call it discomfort for that matter. I guess just a small pin pricking/ mild burning sensation every now and again on the extreme right and left of my scar.

Of course there is also a bit of numbness along the scar, but no where else. Recipient area feels as if nothing has ever happened.

If any of you are interested I posted some 3 month pics in the "Experiences" section.

Cheers.

Mecaderma is a scar medication. I have not had any experience with it. Perhaps Smoothy and/or Gillenator can jump in and help?

MSM - Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (M.S.M.) is an organic sulfur compound which is a metabolite of dimethyl-sulfoxide (D.M.S.O.).

In laymans terms, it has been suggested that MSM promotes healthier and faster growth of hair follicles. It will NOT regrow hair, however.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

EmpirePD,

Mederma doesnt do anything for the numbness or soreness of a scar. The numbness should go away 100% by month 18-- 4 yrs out you might be stuck with it.

What is does do however, is make the scar smoother and along the same plane as the skin as well as reduces redness and discoloration taking the color back to the surrounding skin.

I've used it and it has almost elimated the sight and feel of the scar-- seriously I can hardly feel it. But it works best on new scars. My new scar it worked great, but only help about 30-50% on my older scar.