Plucking down a multi graft to turn it into a single?

Hi, I haven’t been able to find any direct discussion of this in particular would love to get some insight on this.

Would you damage the whole graft if you chose to pluck two follicles from a triple graft in order to make it a single follicle? 

• Administrators

Unequivocally, YES. If you plucked out a graft while its not anchored, it would be lost. Even if you managed to reinsert it deep enough (you wouldn’t). But if you did, the damage caused by splitting it would most likely kill the graft anyway.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

31 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Unequivocally, YES. If you plucked out a graft while its not anchored, it would be lost. Even if you managed to reinsert it deep enough (you wouldn’t). But if you did, the damage caused by splitting it would most likely kill the graft anyway.

Sorry I think I didn’t explain myself too well. What I meant was beyond healing and into the growth phase should you have say as an example a triple growing in your hair line. Would plucking two hairs out of the triple leaving it as a single hair damage that last hair left of that triple? 

Edited by 21yrold

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, 21yrold said:

Sorry I think I didn’t explain myself too well. What I meant was beyond healing and into the growth phase should you have say as an example a triple growing in your hair line. Would plucking two hairs out of the triple leaving it as a single hair damage that last hair left of that triple? 

Plucking your hair won’t do anything once it’s anchored and part of the scalp. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, 21yrold said:

I’d try it on some area of your body that isn’t your head (i have a patch of hair on my hand with multiple triples in it) and see what happens. I’d expect the remaining hairs to continue to grow and the plucked hair to quickly regrow, but I’m not a doctor.