Looking for advice

Looking for some honest advice. I have been on this site for the past almost 9 - 10 months just lurking obsessing over my hair since I’ve noticed thinning. I am 31 years old turning 32 soon. I am wondering if you can look at my donor and advise the quality of my donor. I had shaved my head 5 weeks ago with a blade so this is 5 weeks of growth. I have consulted with now hair time, hair of Istanbul, Bogotá hair lines, Eugenix and all have given me ok to proceed with a transplant, however I am just in the research phase so not committing to anyone. Just any opinion advice on my donor would be appreciated. Btw I have been on fin for 8 months

IMG_7732.jpeg

IMG_7731.jpeg

IMG_7730.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Do you have balding, recession in the front? It’s great that you have been on Finasteride and definitely stick with it to maintain the hair you have. I would look at the forum’s list of recommended surgeons by patients and look at patients who have a similar loss and result that you wish to obtain. I would definitely forget about Hair of Istanbul. 

@Gatsby I just have diffuse thinning on the top of my head.so vertex and crown. I don’t really have recession, but have a mature hairline, which I don’t mind. I think Bogotá hairlines is good for diffuse hair loss from what I have seen. My question is more related to donor. Do you think my donor can withstand 5 to 6 k grafts taken out if I needed to do 2 surgery’s??? One for reinforcing hair line and vertex and one for crown?? 

18 hours ago, Baldingman01 said:

Looking for some honest advice. I have been on this site for the past almost 9 - 10 months just lurking obsessing over my hair since I’ve noticed thinning. I am 31 years old turning 32 soon. I am wondering if you can look at my donor and advise the quality of my donor. I had shaved my head 5 weeks ago with a blade so this is 5 weeks of growth. I have consulted with now hair time, hair of Istanbul, Bogotá hair lines, Eugenix and all have given me ok to proceed with a transplant, however I am just in the research phase so not committing to anyone. Just any opinion advice on my donor would be appreciated. Btw I have been on fin for 8 months

IMG_7732.jpeg

IMG_7731.jpeg

IMG_7730.jpeg

From my experience, Eugenix is excellent with Donor management. If you proceed with them, you’re good to go. 

• Valued Contributor

@Baldingman01

You are experiencing significant hair loss, and your head size is relatively large. I was in a similar situation 3-4 years ago, but fortunately, I was able to improve my situation with medication and non-surgical therapies. I hope you experience the same success. It's good that you are already on medication. I recommend consulting a reputable hair transplant surgeon and following a comprehensive medication regimen, which includes oral minoxidil and oral finasteride, along with non-surgical treatments like PRP or mesotherapy.

It's challenging to determine the number of grafts that can be harvested from your donor area based on pictures, but I believe around 6k lifetime grafts may be achievable.

You can also consider FUT as it can potentially provide a higher lifetime graft count. 

Imo splitting the surgery into 2 or 3 parts would be better. This approach allows for better planning according to your response to medication. Plus the cost can also be well managed by this(if that's an issue at all)

For now, consider having your first surgery with approximately 3,000 to 3,500 grafts to address your frontal area and follow a conservative approach for this.

There are many good doctors whom you can consider for this. Both, Eugenix and Bogota are good options and there are few more good options you can consider. Do more research and make a list of around 4-5 doctors based on your research and than consult all of them and see who is well suited for you and more in sync with your goals.

I hope this helps you..Best of luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023