Basic questions/recommendations to keep in mind for HT?

Hello -

First of all thanks for all your help, answers, clarifications, it really helped me narrow down on the clinic. I am Norwood 5 and after lot of deliberation have decided to go with Eugenix and have scheduled a surgery next month. I am bit nervous as this is a big decision for me and concerned with the surgery, post care instructions and entire process. 

I have been recommended to do Front and Crown both in two days, with around 4500 grafts, could someone please tell me what are the things I need to keep in mind for?

• Hairline design (discussion and questions with Dr)
  • post care instructions
  • hair wash (I plan on doing this at Eugenix itself)
  • follow ups 

I also have a family function to attend in 12 days after HT, so is that a good amount of time for all the redness on the scalp/beard to be gone and look normal? 

Edited by bald007

• bald007 changed the title to Basic questions/recommendations to keep in mind for HT?
1 hour ago, bald007 said:

I also have a family function to attend in 12 days after HT, so is that a good amount of time for all the redness on the scalp/beard to be gone and look normal? 

Maybe. But most likely no. 

There are fair skinned people who after a week show very little redness/swelling. And there are people with darker skin who are red for months.

It's entirely a case by case basis when it comes to recovery.

• Valued Contributor

Main thing I would say is to opt for a conservative hairline height, which will age well, future proof against further loss and gives you more options going forward in general. You may be able to push the overall density a little more as well. 

As for redness… Very unlikely but not unheard of. 

That said, you’ll be ‘pre-shed’, so should have a tidy looking buzzcut that you might be able to get by on even with redness. Ask if they have any creams they can source for redness, and don’t be too hasty or for forceful/impatient to remove the scabs on the 7th day post-op. It’s perfectly fine if it takes 8/9/10 days to get everything off. 

@bald007

Thank you for choosing Eugenix Hair Sciences. We appreciate the time you've dedicated to researching our services and are grateful for the trust you've placed in us. We eagerly anticipate your upcoming visit next month. We understand that you may be feeling nervous about the hair transplant procedure, but please rest assured that the Eugenix team will be there to support you every step of the way.

Here are answers to some of your concerns:

Hairline Design: Before the procedure, there will be a thorough planning and designing session with the doctor. This will occur after mutual agreement between you and the doctor to ensure that the chosen hairline complements your facial features, providing a natural appearance. We will proceed with the procedure only when you are completely satisfied with the design. However, it is important to keep your approach realistic. Carry your two old photos in which you have hairs. 

Post-Care Instructions: Following the procedure, we have a dedicated care team that will provide you with detailed instructions. They will guide you through the post-operative care process.

First Head Wash: The first head wash is scheduled for the 7th day after the procedure. If you are staying near our clinic during this time, you can come to the clinic for the head wash. Otherwise, we will provide you with comprehensive instructions and a video link so that you can perform the head wash easily at home.

Follow Ups: Our care team will maintain regular contact with you to monitor your well-being after the procedure. We will conduct follow-up checks through calls, emails, and WhatsApp messages.

We look forward to your visit, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns. Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities.

Warmest Regards,
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences