Day 14 Post Op Update (pics)

Hi everyone,

Today is officially Day 14 since my procedure. I wanted to see your opinions on where I am on the recovery path. I’m hoping the donor area gets covered full-on by the 31st Day. I will attach photos both in natural sunlight and room bulb lighting.

I’m drinking a tonnnn of water and I have been applying 100% Aloe Vera Gel to my donor area since Day 5 or so. However, nothing else special like medications or oils for the top of my head just yet. I am not on Fin or Min. 

Thank you,

Erik

IMG_8380.jpeg

IMG_8378.jpeg

IMG_8368.jpeg

IMG_8369.jpeg

IMG_7856.jpeg

Edited by MVPlayer023
Added sunlight photos
  • Like 1

Donor should improve but if you expect a full recovery two weeks from now, prepare to be disappointed. 

It will recover somewhat, how much is not known. Everyone's case is unique.

I do have to say though, the extraction philosophy here is just bad. 

It looks like you have mange. This is why I haven't pulled the trigger on my own HT yet.

You have to be prepared to look f*cked up from behind, or grow your hair out 2+inches.

Even then its a toss up if you can hide it. Then you start looking in to repair work etc. 🥴

1 hour ago, MAIZE1694 said:

Donor should improve but if you expect a full recovery two weeks from now, prepare to be disappointed. 

It will recover somewhat, how much is not known. Everyone's case is unique.

I do have to say though, the extraction philosophy here is just bad. 

It looks like you have mange. This is why I haven't pulled the trigger on my own HT yet.

You have to be prepared to look f*cked up from behind, or grow your hair out 2+inches.

Even then its a toss up if you can hide it. Then you start looking in to repair work etc. 🥴

Yeah, I’m not expecting a full recovery for donor in the next two weeks but you’re definitely right in that everyone is different. I am (substantially) ahead of my other friend who had his done as well. My hair grows quite quick so we’ll see where I’m at in a month. 

However, interestingly enough, I did show my photos for second opinions to another doctor and was told that “nothing looked alarming” and that the extraction looked fairly normal so your comment is throwing me off a bit and I may need to consider a third opinion now lol 

I am only 14 days out so it’s still way to early to tell but that’s why I seek opinions. I’m trying to gather the idea of my timeline on recovery. Lol 

Edited by MVPlayer023

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

It takes months for the donor to recover. It's not just the hair it's the trauma of the tissue from hundreds or thousands of punctated wounds. It will recover though.

But so far, so normal? Lol

Trying to gauge where I’m at I guess. Like is it looking like a healthy recovery thus far?