Shedding

Speegs

How much hair shedding do you guys experience in the shower on average? Do you experience seasons of the year where you shed a more noticable number when you lather up your head?

I've been pretty anal as of late and have actually counted my hair loss in the shower, most of the hairs are not miniaturized so I'm hoping they represent natural shed cycles and not male pattern baldness.

It has been as low as 60 and as high as 100 on given days, hard to guage what is natural shedding and what is going to be effected by MPB.

Today i got back from a camping trip that hadn't allowed me to wash my hair in three days and i shed 180 hairs in the shower, hopefully that's just accumulated shedding from not having been washed in 72 hours but it is a disconcerting sight just the same.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

How much hair shedding do you guys experience in the shower on average? Do you experience seasons of the year where you shed a more noticable number when you lather up your head?

I've been pretty anal as of late and have actually counted my hair loss in the shower, most of the hairs are not miniaturized so I'm hoping they represent natural shed cycles and not male pattern baldness.

It has been as low as 60 and as high as 100 on given days, hard to guage what is natural shedding and what is going to be effected by MPB.

Today i got back from a camping trip that hadn't allowed me to wash my hair in three days and i shed 180 hairs in the shower, hopefully that's just accumulated shedding from not having been washed in 72 hours but it is a disconcerting sight just the same.

Speegs,

Between 50 to 100 hairs lost daily is typical for someone who isn't suffering from hair loss.

I think trying to gauge hair loss by shedding alone is dangerous. If you're concerned your losing your hair, you might want to see a dermatologist and have them evaluate your scalp and hair under magnification.

Best wishes,

Bill

i feel what you mean... he's saying JUST in the shower he's losing that much, which begs the painful "how much am i losing during the rest of the day?" question... i lose about 15 during the shower. sometimes its lower, sometimes more... depends if i think i'm shedding or what not. i've been effing with my regiment lately so i think that's effecting how i shed right now...

Bill is definitely correct on the 50 - 100 for people NOT suffering like us. how much gel do you use? is it enough that it would be keeping the hair around until the shower? i don't use but hardly any paste so the wind is most likely sweeping my hair away when i walk around, resulting in lower numbers in the shower.

good luck

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Originally posted by why oh why:

i feel what you mean... he's saying JUST in the shower he's losing that much, which begs the painful "how much am i losing during the rest of the day?" question... i lose about 15 during the shower. sometimes its lower, sometimes more... depends if i think i'm shedding or what not. i've been effing with my regiment lately so i think that's effecting how i shed right now...

Bill is definitely correct on the 50 - 100 for people NOT suffering like us. how much gel do you use? is it enough that it would be keeping the hair around until the shower? i don't use but hardly any paste so the wind is most likely sweeping my hair away when i walk around, resulting in lower numbers in the shower.

good luck

I don't gel but I have extremely oily skin and thus have to wash daily and since i frequently wear a hat it probably does keep alot of my shedding clinging to my hair until shower time.

Still i just hate seeing that much hair in the shower, most of it looks healthy which either means its normal cyclical shedding or my hairloss is about to start miniaturizing beyond my frontal forelock.